• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Second Language

How many languages do you know?

• 1 English

Votes: 17 16.2%

Votes: 42 40.0%

Votes: 31 29.5%

Votes: 11 10.5%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters

Cobalt_Latios

Cut me some slack, it's been like 2 years
Almost 2 and half for me...

Hence why I'm kicking myself in the pants for me losing some of it.

Even I know some of my posts have errors. I'm doing the best I can with what I still have.

edit: At least I can still read if effortlessly.

C_L

Peter Quill

star-lord
Nah, you're all fine. It's more me being a french grammar nazi.

Now that I think of it, English is probably one of the most annoying languages to learn.

Cobalt_Latios

Nah, you're all fine. It's more me being a french grammar nazi.

Now that I think of it, English is probably one of the most annoying languages to learn.
No kidding. Sure, in French there's only one way to do things, but that's actually a good thing; it makes you feel more sure about how to be more grammatically accurate.

With English, you have so many damn exceptions, you wonder why there are even rules to begin with.

C_L

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Basicly,English and little Spanish.My new Year`s resolution is to learn Jappaness.

dark rift

Fluent at English, and decent at French (My grammer isn't the best because I try to translate the English sentance structure to the French sentance structure. I can understand it decently on paper and better by ear, and I'm not that great at writing it.)

Well, I usually speak Dutch (well Flemish, but I can also speak normal Dutch) and I obviously also speak English.

I also understand French, but can't speak it.

Not sure if this counts, but I can speak a bit of French. Can't remember much of it off the top of my head though.

English is my first language, and currently I am in my second semester of college Japanese. Though I did study the language before hand for awhile, so I understand it fairly well.

I took French I think in my first year of high school since my mom knew it pretty well. But I hated the accent, and all those male and female words. Ugh.

Though, its a nice language, just not my thing. I'm actually half Italian but I know nothing but a few words of the language, haha.

Vernikova

Champion
I speak English and Spanish. It helps that I'm Spanish though since I wouldn't have learned it otherwise.

Cobalt_Latios

I took French I think in my first year of high school since my mom knew it pretty well. But I hated the accent, and all those male and female words. Ugh.
There was actually a time when I refused to use the feminine syntax in French for some reason. Changed recently, I just find it amusing to myself.

I find verb conjugation the hardest part of the language though. So many tenses.

C_L

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
English, and bits of Spanish and Irish, although the latter I only remember a few words and 1 entire phrase, asking to go to the bathroom, had to use that so much during elementary school, its burned into my memory. If I do say so myself, I'm quite good at Spanish.

DarkMammoth

Lover of silly memes
There was actually a time when I refused to use the feminine syntax in French for some reason. Changed recently, I just find it amusing to myself.

I find verb conjugation the hardest part of the language though. So many tenses.

C_L

Does the French language have a subjunctive tense? That's a huge pain in Spanish.

Verb tenses can go die. I always get the subject and tense wrong when I'm speaking. (Writing and reading is a-ok, because I can stop to think)