• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

armaldo or aggron??

• armaldo

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • aggron

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters

Greekboy

There is an element of luck/randomness to getting rematches, but I've found that walking around a lot on the same route as the trainer helps trigger rematches.

If you just want to Sketch a move, you could fight Gabby & Ty, since they're always a Double Battle and you don't have to wait for a rematch like with other trainers.

haha, i must be really tired i have no idea how i completely forgot about gabby and ty

JohnLynch

Best FireRed postgame grinding?

I'm trying to grind up my postgame pokemon to take another swing at the Elite Four and get some of my pokemon evolved. Where is the best place to do it? Back in the day it was Cerulean Cave (which is where I am), but I wanted to check if there were better spots in FireRed.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Uh, I think Cerulean Cave's still the best spot for that. :p

Aquarelle

Staff member
If you ever get bored with Cerulean Cave, there's also the option of rematching trainers with the VS Seeker. You can find some trainers that get to the level 50s and the money from trainer fights is always nice.
When I play through FRLG, I often rematch people in the Sevii Islands, especially in the later areas like Sevault Canyon. It's always worked well for me.

JohnLynch

If you ever get bored with Cerulean Cave
God yes.

there's also the option of rematching trainers with the VS Seeker. You can find some trainers that get to the level 50s and the money from trainer fights is always nice.
When I play through FRLG, I often rematch people in the Sevii Islands, especially in the later areas like Sevault Canyon. It's always worked well for me.
Thanks! It's been a while since I've played and I've forgotten most of the features that FireRed introduced into the game :)

Houka

The trainer on Savii Island are aroung50-60 after E4. One the frist island on your way to Mt. Ember you come across a get of Black belts, fighter trainers. Any good Special attack can wipe them out, or just use a ghost type (with Exp Share), not a single one has any but fighting and Normal type moves. Great place to grind! Even if you don't have neither as long as your Pokemon a are around the 60's they should be OK (As long as they are not weak to fighting other wise Exp share is better for them).

Winona

~*~The Sky Tamer~*~
Hello!
Silly question here, in Leaf green when using random encounters for shiny pokemon (say I went through 45 or so before needing to heal), can you leave the area to restore PP at a pokemon center and then go back and keep the encounters? So will it still be back with 45 RE, or do I need to restart? :c

Please let me know asap!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hello!
Silly question here, in Leaf green when using random encounters for shiny pokemon (say I went through 45 or so before needing to heal), can you leave the area to restore PP at a pokemon center and then go back and keep the encounters? So will it still be back with 45 RE, or do I need to restart? :c

Please let me know asap!

I believe that you are to continue counting, Random Encounter is basicly that.

There is a thread about Shiny Hunting here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?588780-Official-New-and-Improved-General-Shiny-Thread

A Decepticon

Serebii's Pokedex says that Pidgeotto can be encountered on a bunch of early routes in leafgreen, is this true? I ask because I've encountered an underleveled level 5 Pidgeotto on route 1 in leafgreen before, but couldn't catch it because it was the first trip through the route before you can capture any pokemon

Aquarelle

Staff member
Serebii's Pokedex says that Pidgeotto can be encountered on a bunch of early routes in leafgreen, is this true? I ask because I've encountered an underleveled level 5 Pidgeotto on route 1 in leafgreen before, but couldn't catch it because it was the first trip through the route before you can capture any pokemon
As I said in your thread, it is NOT true. There is an error on that Serebii Pokedex page. The only Pokemon found on Route 1 in FRLG are Pidgey and Rattata.
If you encountered a Pidgeotto there, then you're misremembering what happened (or possibly playing a bootleg or hacked game that changed the encounters). But fact is, here are no Pidgeotto on Route 1 in any legit copy of LeafGreen.

ArcanineShrine014029

An easy way to trigger rematches in R/S/E involves going back and forth through the entrance to the route the trainer you wanna battle again is on. This doesn't work for gym leaders, however. It may work for Wally in Victory Road but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

Has anyone obtained the Gold symbol in the Battle Factory? I've been trying to for a few days and it's so hit or miss. Sometimes I'll get to 30 or so wins, and my next attempt I won't even be able to clear 7. If anyone has cleared it, how long has it taken you? I've also been playing on Level 50 which I find works better than Open Level - would anyone suggest Open Level instead? Thanks!
Also is there a thread for just the Battle Frontier around here?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
An easy way to trigger rematches in R/S/E involves going back and forth through the entrance to the route the trainer you wanna battle again is on. This doesn't work for gym leaders, however. It may work for Wally in Victory Road but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

Has anyone obtained the Gold symbol in the Battle Factory? I've been trying to for a few days and it's so hit or miss. Sometimes I'll get to 30 or so wins, and my next attempt I won't even be able to clear 7. If anyone has cleared it, how long has it taken you? I've also been playing on Level 50 which I find works better than Open Level - would anyone suggest Open Level instead? Thanks!
Also is there a thread for just the Battle Frontier around here?

Why are you looking for someone to battle again? A double battle? There is Gabby and Ty which Rotates though three spots in Hoenn, they are: Route 111, Route 118, Route 120. I think in that order too. All you need to do is get there.

I've personally not even got any of the Silver Symbols in the Battle Frontier, so I'm going to pass.

Houka

I can think of few reasons why not use them. For once I think the fishermen on route 106 is a lot faster then Gabby and Ty plus unless your training fighting type they are really annoying to deal with.

Can't help with the Syblos I ever did one (the luck base one) and even then wasn't the best thing ever.

jeremaia33

Pokemon FR/ Worst Raikou in history?

aHTNRVKqR7enmEJavPDz5Q.png

Is this even possible?
I soft reset like 4-5 times, but nature and IVs not changing.

I am unlucky i quess..
It's not worth ev train so i have to start the game from the beginning in hope of a good DOG
;243;

Aquarelle

Staff member
The Nature and IVs of your dog are set in stone at a certain point; according to here, it's when you've fixed the machine for Celio on One Island. So to get a certain Nature, you'd have to save before fixing the machine and then reset until you get one you're satisfied with.

Also, due to a glitch, roaming legendaries in FRLG (and Ruby/Sapphire, but not Emerald) will always have poor IVs (see the link above, plus the "Roaming Pokemon IV bug" section here). Because of this, you unfortunately will not be able to get a legendary dog with a decent IV spread in FRLG.

BlackRayquaza98

Gen 3 Enthusiast
I'm curious to know, has anyone ever had the issue of a Gen 3 cart not being able to save at all? We've all seen the issue where the internal clock dies and daily events don't occur, but has anyone had it where there game does simply not reload the past save?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I'm curious to know, has anyone ever had the issue of a Gen 3 cart not being able to save at all? We've all seen the issue where the internal clock dies and daily events don't occur, but has anyone had it where there game does simply not reload the past save?

It's quite possible given the tech behind the Carts. GBA carts use a Flash Memory chip to save, which needs no power, but does have a limited amount of writes or Saves. Given that almost all the games are already over 10 years old. Some games carts will have used all their saves on their carts.

Mind you that assuming the cart is genuine: Fake carts are not known for their reliability.

Byrkmire

Need help making Emerald team

After looking around I'm still not 100% sure this belongs here, and if it doesn't please direct me to where it does. My friend got two copies of emerald and wants to fight me. I've never been good at building teams so I need all the help I can get. I now for a fact he will use Gengat. Other than that I'm not sure what else he will have

Ghost94

After looking around I'm still not 100% sure this belongs here, and if it doesn't please direct me to where it does. My friend got two copies of emerald and wants to fight me. I've never been good at building teams so I need all the help I can get. I now for a fact he will use Gengat. Other than that I'm not sure what else he will have

Think about the Elite 4 from Red and Blue version. What was the difference between the Elite 4 and the champion, Gary? The Elite 4 were like gym leaders, their Pokemon teams had a universal type. Gary on the other hand had a team full of Pokemon of various types, giving him an advantage against each of the Elite 4. Use a variety of types in your party and give them a variety of different types of moves. Take a gander at this site which aids in Pokemon team building, it'll help you out. Gengar is tough, but you will defeat your friend I have faith in you.