• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Can Money Buy Love?

can money buy love?

• Yes

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • money is important but it's not the only thing that matters

Votes: 40 38.8%

• Total voters

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Silent Memento: You just missed my entire point on what I said, Yes Stalin married twice, but that dosn't automatically equate to happiness. Go and read my previous post COMPLETELY before awnsering. Any way Stalin and Nadya loved each other and not just because he was the Supreme Soviet Leader.

SilentMemento

Lone Wolf
Silent Memento: You just missed my entire point on what I said, Yes Stalin married twice, but that dosn't automatically equate to happiness. Go and read my previous post COMPLETELY before awnsering. Any way Stalin and Nadya loved each other and not just because he was the Supreme Soviet Leader.

And what would those reasons for loving Stalin be, in your honest opinion? He was a paranoid and ruthless tyrant who would not hesitate to send millions of his countrymen to the Siberian wasteland to die. Why did two women fall for him? It sure wasn't his glowing personality.

BlazeShadow

And what would those reasons for loving Stalin be, in your honest opinion? He was a paranoid and ruthless tyrant who would not hesitate to send millions of his countrymen to the Siberian wasteland to die. Why did two women fall for him? It sure wasn't his glowing personality.

Eh... Did you know him, or something? I haven't met Stalin, but who knows how charming he could've been?

SilentMemento

Lone Wolf
Eh... Did you know him, or something? I haven't met Stalin, but who knows how charming he could've been?

He sent millions of Soviets to forced labor camps for little to no reason. That's ruthlessness and paranoia defined, and it makes me think that those two women only married Stalin because he was a powerful head of state.

He sent millions of Soviets to forced labor camps for little to no reason. That's ruthlessness and paranoia defined, and it makes me think that those two women only married Stalin because he was a powerful head of state.

People have lives different than what the media shows. He could have been a dictator by day and a Casanova by night.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
You clearly haven't heard about the Private Stalin, charming, intelligent, humourous, physically strong, and smothering children, friends and associates, (if he wasn't suspcious of them) and his wife with love. So much so that he was accused of being overbearing and smothering.
Public Stalin was propaganda, whcih you can look up and I won't explain it.
Political Stalin was a ruthless murder, intolerant fanatic and sadistic egotistical tyrant who slaughtered friends, proteges, rivals and any and all without blind, obediant faith to Bolshevism.

Just because one has killed 20 million dosn't mean that they are gloomy, asocial unlikeabale people. Read your history, reserach facts and don't make assumptions. People are complex and multi-sided so don't think that most people have only one 'face'.
I don't think you think too deeply about facts that oppose your view Silent Memento, disappointing. Stalin was a brutal monster, vampire and fused megolomaina with humbleness, paranoia with a socialble attitude and sadism with charm.

HINT FOR NEXT TIME: Research your facts, Silent Memento.

Read Stalin the Court of the Red Tsar by Simon Sebag Montifiore and Robert Conquest's work

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Well, I havn't read about Stalin, but from what I've heard, the only reason he had those wives was because of his power.

Yes but no one loved him in this time, they all wanted his money. than he got trouble and all his wives were rich.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Money can't buy real love or happiness. But it can definately rent them.*Garfield cartoon reference*

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
You clearly haven't heard about the Private Stalin, charming, intelligent, humourous, physically strong, and smothering children, friends and associates, (if he wasn't suspcious of them) and his wife with love. So much so that he was accused of being overbearing and smothering.
Public Stalin was propaganda, whcih you can look up and I won't explain it.
Political Stalin was a ruthless murder, intolerant fanatic and sadistic egotistical tyrant who slaughtered friends, proteges, rivals and any and all without blind, obediant faith.

Just because one has killed 20 million dosn't mean that they are gloomy, asocial unlikeabale people. Read your history, reserach facts and don't make assumptions. People are complex and multi-sided so don't think that most people have only one 'face'.
I don't think you think too deeply about facts that oppose your view Silent Memento, disappointing. Stalin was a brutal monster, vampire and fused megolomaina with humbleness, paranoia with a socialble attitude and sadism with charm.

HINT FOR NEXT TIME: Research your facts, Silent Memento.

Read Stalin the Court of the Red Tsar by Simon Sebag Montifiore and Robert Conquest's work

You've certantly done your research. Ah, all that is convincing, but I'm sure that his power was altleast a small factor in it. Either way...

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
It was A FACTOR, but a minor one in total, so yes Yellow Aura, you are right there. My point is that it wasn't the ONLY or the MAJOR reason for his numerous relationships.

Ash-Kid: Are you talking about Prophet Muhammed's (PBUH) marriage to Khadija? She was a cougar and the Prophet was her younger lover.

Last edited:

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Money can never buy true love, it'll only get someone who loves your money more than you. As for Stalin, this sums it up perfectly:

People have lives different than what the media shows. He could have been a dictator by day and a Casanova by night.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
No it can`t.I think that love just comes natural.

ribcage_x

When you see a really hot chick in her 20's with an old rich ugly man theres an 80 percent chance that chick is robbing the grave. JS

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
The same with a 20 year old man with a 80 year old woman.
But ribcage x, I think your being cynical, as those relationships are built on love, trust, personalty, commitment, kindred spirits and deep emotional and spiritual connections...
Ha! Ha! Ha! XD

Money can buy you love. Not REAL love, anyway. Any relationship built on money is bound to go like this:

Rich Person: Hi honey!
Girlfriend/Boyfriend of Rich Person (G/BoRP): Hello!
RP: I have bad news.
G/BoRP: What is it?
RP: I lost my job.
G/BoRP: ...
RP: I'm sorry. I'll find another high-paying job! I promise!
G/BoRP: ...Right. I have to go. I'm breaking up with you, BTW. Later, hobo.
RP: *cries*
Later that night...
G/BoRP: *steals exes money* Heheheh...

So, yeah. What have we learned today, kids?

Love built on money=BAD
LOve built on genuine love= GOOD! :D

Sarcasticus

Pleasure's all yours
Depends on your definition of love, if love for you is getting gifts, texting each other and whoring yourself out in facebook, parading your trophy boyfriend or girlfriend of the week around, then yes, it certainly can buy it, but if you consider love to be a deep commitment to another, whether there is physical involvement (you know what I mean) or not, then that's a really stupid question to begin with. Up to you.