• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimShady

Kill your heroes
They really should've stopped at 251. But they were all fine regardless... until the 5th gen. Sorry, but the 5th gen pokes are nothing more than laughable. In fact, they're horrible. Some grew on me, but it's just... sad. Trubbish? REALLY?
And at least bring the number to 650, but 649?! That's annoying.
I hate though when people say they only liked the original "150." Mew was the first trademarked Pokemon! 151!! [/end mini-rant] These are all people that just never played past Yellow. G/S/C had TWO FREAKIN' REGIONS IN ONE GAME! Plus the second gen was a very nice supplement to the first. My friend and I think that the second gen was pre-planned before Pokemon even got big. Only 100 of them and an awful lot of "filler" Pokes. Still great nonetheless.

Sabconth

Kanto Ranger
So no more Pokemon looking like Happiny or Roggenrola and we're happy.

I think Happiny is a brilliant, if unnecessary, addidition.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
I just wonder how many more Pokemon they can fit into the memory of a little handheld?
You'd think they were pushing it already now...

lol I like the new Pokemon. Okay, I'll admit most of 4th gen looked like fried poo to me, but 5th gen was just fine.

Anyway, I like how many Pokemon there are. If we had started every single region with Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle I'd feel more than just a little ripped off at churning out $35 for a new game just to get the same bloody thing. Seriously, I would not want to spend any games after RBY with such ~lovely~ Pokemon like Muk, Voltorb, and Zubat stalking me around. I'm glad for the new additions with each game.

And I'm going to bet that the inevitable Pokemon Gray is going to feature a new form for some legendary Pokemon, placing the Pokemon number riiiight at 650 by the time a new generation rolls around.

BCVM22

And I'm going to bet that the inevitable Pokemon Gray is going to feature a new form for some legendary Pokemon, placing the Pokemon number riiiight at 650 by the time a new generation rolls around.

Formes aren't counted as additional monsters.

legendarypokemonmaster

There are so many, gosh...
I better get started on that Pokedex right now!

locomo

Want a hug? :)
Growing at a steady pace. We get new 120+ pokemon every what, 2-3 years?

Id be so boring to have the same 151/251 pokemon all the time, to be honest. I'd stop playing, it'd be "Ive seen it all before" :)

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
We have our number. Add one more to get it 650 if you want, but we can safety stop here; if Game Freak hasn't balanced anything it's their own fault, they've had four subsequent games. What they need to do now is really sit down and build a game entirely on gameplay, not new monsters.

I pity anyone who actually wants to complete their Pokedex this time around. The sheer numbers and hoops we're having to jump through, which will only get worse as time goes on, crush the fun of it to death. It's a complete joke.

BCVM22

We have our number. Add one more to get it 650 if you want, but we can safety stop here; if Game Freak hasn't balanced anything it's their own fault, they've had four subsequent games. What they need to do now is really sit down and build a game entirely on gameplay, not new monsters.

Yes, I too anticipate that a franchise built in no small part upon introducing new designs every generation will arbitrarily stop doing so because the Internet can't fathom the number.

You gain nothing of importance for completing the National 'Dex, you lose nothing for not doing so. They're not going to stop introducing new Pokémon.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Yes, I too anticipate that a franchise built in no small part upon introducing new designs every generation will arbitrarily stop doing so because the Internet can't fathom the number.

You gain nothing of importance for completing the National 'Dex, you lose nothing for not doing so. They're not going to stop introducing new Pokémon.

Perfectly aware I'm talking semantics. But the question allows for a negative response.

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
i was making zorua eggs for my friend who couldn't get the event
when i gave it to her and it hatched it was shiny

Tnuter

Pokemon Hunter
What are some of your fail in-game moments that made you facepalm?

I used my Masterball by accident while trying to catch a Frillish and I had to replay over two hours of gameplay DX

I hatched a few Eevee eggs and while I was selling a few items, I thought about evolving Eevee with a Moonstone. I completely forgot that I was in the sell menu and ended up selling my Moonstone XD.

Moonstoone on an Eevee? There's another facepalm moment for you xD

waternate

Pressing the power butten by mistake, After training for hours.

I did that last night :( words cannot effectively express my current state of sadness

Watching the legend I'm trying to catch struggle itself to death. I threw 80 something balls and had it paralyzed just doesn't seem like that should happen. I remember when I was a kid playing blue I threw my master ball for some reason at another trainers cloyster. From there the game was stuck in a loop I remember, the ball just kept shaking.

Unicorn

Neigh.
Off the top of my head, I can think of two things

1. The end of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness BEFORE the epilogue part where "Yay, you get to come back and hang out with your partner!" I got teary-eyed, especially when Grovyle shoved Dusknoir into the portal and left it to me and my partner Pokemon to get to Dialga. The scene afterward where I had to explain to my partner that I was disappearing was sad too. And the months that followed where my partner had to move on in life was even sadder. I would have been fine with not coming back at the end just to have a fantastic ending like that, because I actually remember being angry that Grovyle and Celebi couldn't come back either! But the extra sidestory in Explorers of the Sky made me smile. It was sad the way Dusknoir tried to steal Grovyle's body, but it ended nicely.

2. Ghetsis treating his only "son," N like crap and then N disappearing at the end of Pokemon Black/White. I don't have much to say, but I hope that the next game (probably gray or something) will explain more of this. N is the best antagonist ever, because he was an innocent guy. So innocent that it was creepy, actually. Ghetsis is a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.