• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

I mean it won't have it's own National Dex number, not actual memory space.

No, but unless it was revealed how many brand new Pokemon we are getting (excluding Mega Evolution and form changes), we could seriously get a low number of brand new Pokemon as a result of Mega Evolutions.

Ditto24

No, but unless it was revealed how many brand new Pokemon we are getting (excluding Mega Evolution and form changes), we could seriously get a low number of brand new Pokemon as a result of Mega Evolutions.

It depends really, we have MegaBliziken but I still doubt he'll explicitly be in the Kalos Dex or how many of the Mega lines will be featured pre-league (they might be like the Sinnoh expansion and not featured at first, although I really hope that doesn't happen). I still think GF will give us atleast 100 brand new designs.

Do you think the mega stone will be restricted in the battle tower area?

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Kanghaskan is now a total b!tch in my opinion. Giga Impact + Mega Abillity = Blissey is dead
That's not all that significant since Blissey is a Special wall, not a Physical wall. Kangaskhan's only attack stat worth using is its physical Attack, so if the opponent knows what they're doing, Kangaskhan will likely never get the opportunity to use Giga Impact against Blissey.

MrDuck

So does this mean a Kangaskhan pre evolution is out of the question?

I really don't like mega evolutions if that's the case. It's pretty weird that Kangaskhan hatches from an egg like that.

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
I am not sure. I was wondering if these evolutions would be available in competitive battles also. Would they make a new tier for them, eventually?

They should be unless they take away the ability to equip items in competitive.

Ditto24

They should be unless they take away the ability to equip items in competitive.

They can just ban certain items though, they already do with soul dew in certain cases. If need be they can always just ban certain Mega Stones but it would be a shame if they had to do it.

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Megakangaskaun is my favorite mega really creative nice work GF. Now about it's ability.....

illucio

The Illusionist
The more information we get of Mega Evolution the more I like it, but the more I come to hate the naming.... There is no evolution about it, and the way evolution is looked at in the game/show is totally different from what this is. This is more like Form Change, or a transformation. They should recall this Mega Transformation more then Mega Evolution :/

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Regrading the Mega Evolutions, i believe that all the pokemons whether fully evolved of base forms one will eventually get a Mega Evolutions, but it would not happen all at once but would happen slow over many future generation.

I get this feeling because Mega Evolution seems to be based on the notion that the pokemons are attaining this new form by going over there original limitations. This would in a sense also suggest that, Mega Evolutions should not only be limited to the final stage of a pokemon, as each stage (or normal evolution) of a pokemon is itself a different pokemon (and why they are all numbered differently in the Pokedex).

In this way many pokemons like Mawile or Absol would still have a chance to get evolutions in the future and the revelation of Mega Evolution didn't mean the end of a pokemons evolutions capabilities.

Also it seems quite possible that a pokemon can end up having many forms of Mega Evolution depending on the type of Mega Stone its holding (though this may not be revealed in this gen).
This is possible by the fact that we don't seem to have a single type of hold item to trigger the Mega Evolution, but by the fact that each pokemon gets a different item that triggers these Evolution. So, they just have to make a new item for a new usable Mega Evolution of a pokemon.

One thing i wanted to ask at the end though. Would it be possible that GF may end up making the Mega Stones as consumable items, or a type of item that requires some sort of charge to take place between each use.

Mrmuffin123

First Male Swiftie
My brother was at the vgc announcement, do he phoned me And told me everything before the Internet knew. :-D

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
The fact Mega Kangaskhan looks no different than its normal state pretty much proves Mega Evos are more like "Super-Formes" rather than true evolution--if that wasn't obvious, already. It her case, it seems like Mega-Evolution affected her child rather than the pokemon itself. That is a brilliant concept--now that rids us of the mystery behind its infant!

Its the single most original use of a M-Evo so far, in my eyes; and Parental bond, coupled with any BST boost it gets in that form, will give old Kanga much more attention. Considering the restrictions behind summoning Megas don't get too worse, they're doing fine on dampening their power so far. See? That's what happens when you wait for more details BEFORE ASSUMING Megas would run amok.

...Maybe now we'll get an M-Dugtrio that'll dispel what goes on the head down?

Status
Not open for further replies.