• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, first of all I want to apologize for my rant. I was just so angry that they were changing old pokemon. I now admit that I was behaving like a fool.

Second of all, I'm starting to like the mega forms of Blaziken, Absol and Lucario. I'm not fond of Ampharos though. It just got fluff, which is weird cause it loses fluff during its evolution.
The Kangaskhan one is nice, but it's kinda disappointing that they didn't change something about the parent. Still, it's nice to see that the baby Kangaskhan is finally playing a role.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
It would have been great if they added a little bit onto Kangashkan and Baby Kangashkan's designs for the Mega evolution. It looks really simple compared to the other Mega evolutions.

Regrading the Mega Evolutions, I believe that all the pokemons whether fully evolved of base forms one will eventually get a Mega Evolutions, but it would not happen all at once but would happen slow over many future generation.

I get this feeling because Mega Evolution seems to be based on the notion that the pokemons are attaining this new form by going over there original limitations. This would in a sense also suggest that, Mega Evolutions should not only be limited to the final stage of a pokemon, as each stage (or normal evolution) of a pokemon is itself a different pokemon (and why they are all numbered differently in the Pokedex).

In this way many pokemons like Mawile or Absol would still have a chance to get evolutions in the future and the revelation of Mega Evolution didn't mean the end of a pokemons evolutions capabilities.

Also it seems quite possible that a pokemon can end up having many forms of Mega Evolution depending on the type of Mega Stone its holding (though this may not be revealed in this gen).
This is possible by the fact that we don't seem to have a single type of hold item to trigger the Mega Evolution, but by the fact that each pokemon gets a different item that triggers these Evolution. So, they just have to make a new item for a new usable Mega Evolution of a pokemon.

One thing i wanted to ask at the end though. Would it be possible that GF may end up making the Mega Stones as consumable items, or a type of item that requires some sort of charge to take place between each use.

That's excellent, the idea that more pokemon may get Mega Evolutions over generations.

Yes I agree with this too (eg Mega Lombre and Mega Ludicolo could be possible).

Many forms of Mega Evolution I think wouldn't happen, although it would be awesome. It reminds me a lot of Deoxys which is why.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I don't feel like weeding through 135 pages of discussion but I would be amazed if Colress had a part in this, it would be perfect. His goal was to bring out the ultimate potential and latent power within Pokemon. Plus he already fits the “beauty” motif of France with his ridiculous hairstyle, it’d be an excellent piece of connection and continuity and would make his whole motives less vague. Not to mention he looks like he could be related to Clemont and somewhat reforms at the end of BW

There are more awkward cases than Kangaskhan for that matter. Like a Mr.Mime. (I mean the egg hatching)
MegaMr.Mime becomes a Juggalo. Fire water air and dirt, ****ing magnets, how do they work? No. No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hmm about the thingy where people think every final evolution (or every pokemon) will have a mega evolution, I really doubt that.
So far, its been revealed that the pokemon turn mega by having a species specific hold item. If every pokemon would get a mega form, then why wouldn't they just make a general mega holding item?

If every pokemon would get one, they'd have to make over 700 different items to make them turn mega, which wouldn't make much sense. Although they'll probably give other pokemon mega forms every new gen.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I just thought of the prospect of a MegaDugtrio. That would probably be the best thing ever if they reveal Diglett/Dugtrio in its entirety.

Greekboy

If there was enough MegaEvo's, it'd be interesting to see it have a Tier of it's own. That would get crazy.

I believe that there is a limit of one Mega Evolution per party, so a tier based around the Mega Evos won't really work out that well.

I just thought of the prospect of a MegaDugtrio. That would probably be the best thing ever if they reveal Diglett/Dugtrio in its entirety.

Yeah, I was actually thinking that a revealed Dugtrio would make a great MegaDugtrio as well

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Okay, first of all I want to apologize for my rant. I was just so angry that they were changing old pokemon. I now admit that I was behaving like a fool.

Second of all, I'm starting to like the mega forms of Blaziken, Absol and Lucario. I'm not fond of Ampharos though. It just got fluff, which is weird cause it loses fluff during its evolution.
The Kangaskhan one is nice, but it's kinda disappointing that they didn't change something about the parent. Still, it's nice to see that the baby Kangaskhan is finally playing a role.

At least some of us are starting to warm up to the idea now.
I found it hilarious how everyone was freaking out at first; but now that we see the restrictions on Megas are relatively high its dousing the flames (at least on this site anyway). I expect more rational members of our fanbase to turn face as well; and clearly you stand among some of those.

I only have one issue--and it has to do with Ampharos. It turns into an Electric/Dragon upon Megalution, so doesn't that rule out the possibility of it learning Dragon moves naturally? Unless Amphy had its movepool expanded in XY (very likely), giving it Dragon typing will only help it out defensively...

Naito

I'm not fond of Ampharos though. It just got fluff, which is weird cause it loses fluff during its evolution.

Maybe it's based on how the wool grows back after people shave the sheep. At the first moment I didin't like mega ampharos either but now I am ok with its design.

...Maybe now we'll get an M-Dugtrio that'll dispel what goes on the head down?

That'd be hilarious. Mega formes could solve so many mysteries and break many rumours.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Hmm about the thingy where people think every final evolution (or every pokemon) will have a mega evolution, I really doubt that.
So far, its been revealed that the pokemon turn mega by having a species specific hold item. If every pokemon would get a mega form, then why wouldn't they just make a general mega holding item?

If every pokemon would get one, they'd have to make over 700 different items to make them turn mega, which wouldn't make much sense. Although they'll probably give other pokemon mega forms every new gen.

Whoever said we were going to get a M-evo for every pokemon in existence obviously didn't check the site. All we really know is some previous gen. pokes will be gaining this MegaEvolution.

I think we may get at least 5 or so pokemon from each generation to have these MegaEvolutions. Would be cool if we get a MegaMarowak IMO.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I was thinking, what would Mega Shedinja be like. Maybe it would have more HP this time making it more usable. Considering that we now have many easy ways to counter Wonder Guard, i don't see the problem if Mega Shedinja would have more HP and the ability Wonder Guard.

The other pokemons i would like to see a Mega Evolution of (from the 1st gen) would be; Beedrill, Pidgeot, Sandslash, Ninetales, Alakazam, Rapidash (with a Pegasus style), Marowak, Tauros (obviously a Minotaurs), Porygon or its evolve (its a Virtual pokemon which makes it even like for it to have one).

Rhonder

I am not sure. I was wondering if these evolutions would be available in competitive battles also. Would they make a new tier for them, eventually?

Depends. If you really can only use 1 of them per battle, I can almost guarantee they wont have a separate tier. Most of them will probably be in UU and up, but yeah. If you can use as many as you want per battle, like a whole team, then I could see them getting their own tier/ranking list

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Now that the Kanto Starters are pretty much shown as available in XY, I'll be VERY surprised if they don't get their own mega forms as well. Like Blaziken, I envision they will be DLC-Exclusive...though I think the real reason for Blazikenite's exclusivity is over how powerful DW Blaziken is anyway.

What would Mega-Charizard look like? Mega-Venusaur would look like the walking Amazon Rainforest, I'm sure. I'm lost on what Blastoise
would appear like without a new type slapped on, though.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
One thing i wanted to ask at the end though. Would it be possible that GF may end up making the Mega Stones as consumable items, or a type of item that requires some sort of charge to take place between each use.

I think they will work more or less like Giratina's Griseous Orb, but without any effect aside triggering the Mega Evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.