• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

I really hope they don't deny the Pokemon with Levitate mega evolutions, because the likes of Flygon, Solrock, and Lunatone could really use one.

Why would having Levitate prevent that?
Worst comes to worst just have them keep the ability

Wish the Magnemite line would GET levitate

GameFreak logic:

Venus Flytrap, Electric Eel, and Giant Snowflake Levitate.

Levitating magnet looking thing does NOT get Levitate.

Griever789

Hm I'd hope megaraichu gets speedboost, considering the wonders it did for blaziken, Maybe it could get raichu to finally be better then lightball pikachu.

Ditto24

I would love a MegaParasect. That thing really needs some love.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Hm I'd hope megaraichu gets speedboost, considering the wonders it did for blaziken, Maybe it could get raichu to finally be better then lightball pikachu.

The two situations aren't really comparable though. I mean, Ninjask gets Speed Boost and it's not really that great of a Pokemon outside of the Support Niche. It's not just ability, but also the typing, stats, and movepool (which is why Blaziken was so OP in the first place). MegaRaichu might fare better seeing how it has access to Nasty Plot. It would ultimately depend on stats, and how well it can cover its typing.

Rakurai

Depends entirely on how high its defenses are, as it seems pretty much confirmed that the HP stat of a Pokemon can't change when Mega Evolving, meaning it's stuck with that awful base 50 HP.

A Fire and Ground weakness are also really not something you want to have when dealing with Dragon types.

I think it's going to need some STAB priority moves to be very useful outside of Trick Room.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
does anyone have any idea how they are going to distribute mega stones? will I have to make a monthly trip to gamestop or some convention? this kina bothers me

To my knowledge, X & Y will have something similar to the Underground excavation back in D/P/Pt and that is how you'll be able to obtain certain Mega Stones. I'm not entirely sure though.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Well, Sucker Punch isn't terrible.

To my knowledge, X & Y will have something similar to the Underground excavation back in D/P/Pt and that is how you'll be able to obtain certain Mega Stones. I'm not entirely sure though.

no, that's bullsh*t from some bullsh*t rumor

Odious

あなたは馬鹿

That was proven fake BUT it's the most interesting idea about how to obtain one

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
Ah, well that's unfortunate. I sure hope they don't make it exclusive for distribution like the Blazikenite.

My guess is that we will be able to get some for like the kanto starters but other will be exclusive for events only like I assume the Garchomp one will be but I could be wrong

regidude

Frontier Conqueror
My guess is that we will be able to get some for like the kanto starters but other will be exclusive for events only like I assume the Garchomp one will be but I could be wrong

They said that blazikenite cannot be found in-game. Doesn't that imply Swampertnite and Sceptilenite also cannot be found in-game. I feel they will be distributed on wi-fi.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
They said that blazikenite cannot be found in-game. Doesn't that imply Swampertnite and Sceptilenite also cannot be found in-game. I feel they will be distributed on wi-fi.

It does never said those would be found in game

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
It does never said those would be found in game

It is a fact that Blazikenite cannot be found in-game, and Mega Stones for the other two Hoenn starters are not currently known to exist. That is probably why regidude was speculating about them.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Depends entirely on how high its defenses are, as it seems pretty much confirmed that the HP stat of a Pokemon can't change when Mega Evolving, meaning it's stuck with that awful base 50 HP.

A Fire and Ground weakness are also really not something you want to have when dealing with Dragon types.

I think it's going to need some STAB priority moves to be very useful outside of Trick Room.

Agreed. I wouldn't regard it be one of the best Pokemon out there, but I think it's been given a few nice new things to play with so it could function as a wallbreaker of sorts, or maybe a decent TR sweeper, as you've mentioned.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
It is a fact that Blazikenite cannot be found in-game, and Mega Stones for the other two Hoenn starters are not currently known to exist. That is probably why regidude was speculating about them.

I agree with that but I said the Kanto ones would be obtained in game unless Kanto isn't Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle and I said that based on the fact they were pushing the Kanto starters as I also said I COULD be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.