• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Dang, Mega Scizor looks great. Different, but not too souped up with spikes and other ludicrous add-ons (looking at you, Garchomp). That's definitely one I'd like to make use of.

ReddShope

Arc Lord
Anyone know at what point in the game you can get the stones for the second starters? By time I mean like give me a reference by gym number, such as between gyms 5 and 6.

Puma Italia

Wow Mega Scizor looks awesome! There are more Mega Evolutions than I thought. I'm curious to see what other ones we might not know about yet. (but will surely find out about soon)

abdulmuhsee

Yes, since Serebii found the Pinsirite in his game and he's playing X.

Thanks! I was 100% sure I was getting Y up until right now... I was hoping maybe the Pinsir/Heracross stones weren't exclusives, but I have to get that stone for my Pinsir, obviously.

Hasty

Moonside
I imagine Mega Jynx with 1 ring on each hand that has one long, thin ice-crystal on it... with cool, easygoing half-closed eyes. Maybe her dress turns blue and is a little different with white stuff like some ice queen...^^
And maybe a crown...

Last edited:

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Jynx is the only one left.. Hoping it would turn quite pretty and not bulky with bigger hairdo.

Paradigm

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Mega Scizor. My foremost dream for these games has come true. I couldn't be happier right now, <3

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects
Seems like a Medabot.

But, oh well, I think Scizor has the best design of all pokémon, so I knew his Mega would look disapointing. At least it is nowhere as bad as I thought, it is actually ok. But still nothing like regular Scizor.
That's my problem with a lot of these Mega designs... they can't expand much on an already flawlessly designed pokemon, i.e. Gardevoir, Blaziken, Gengar and now Scizor are pretty 'meh' Megas. Now I'm a bit worried for what they'll do to the Lati twins.

Strangely, some Megas did increase the value of lesser liked pokemon, i.e. Manetric-M. It's just I dislike Manetric so greatly I don't want to have to deal with it when it's not in Mega form.

The only Megas I sort of fancy at this moment are Banette, Absol, Mawile, and Charizard-XY, and these are pokemon I am rather indifferent towards.

Violent Red

..I am gonna have to agree with tomatohater here, I really like Gengar but I think its Mega Evolution does not do it justice.

Pokemon is subjective, as are most things. Mega Gengar is my favourite Mega so far :)

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
Kind of a silly question, but M-Absol retains its type correct?

I'm kind of warming to the whole idea. Even M-Manectric. Look at all that fur! :p

Violent Red

That's my problem with a lot of these Mega designs... they can't expand much on an already flawlessly designed pokemon, i.e. Gardevoir, Blaziken, Gengar and now Scizor are pretty 'meh' Megas. Now I'm a bit worried for what they'll do to the Lati twins.

Strangely, some Megas did increase the value of lesser liked pokemon, i.e. Manetric-M. It's just I dislike Manetric so greatly I don't want to have to deal with it when it's not in Mega form.

The only Megas I sort of fancy at this moment are Banette, Absol, Mawile, and Charizard-XY, and these are pokemon I am rather indifferent towards.

The great thing about Pokemon is, everybody has their own opinions and likes and dislikes but nobody is really right or wrong :)

Gengar is my fave Mega by far, Blaziken not far behind. My wife has fallen in love with Mega Gardevoir. Manectric has been a stable of my teams since RSE, one of my fave electric types! Will def be using his Mega at some point. The only Mega I dislike so far is Heracross, but I understand that a lot of people appreciate it :p

Aqua Ring

Guy Next Door
Of course Jynx is the last one left! Just my luck as always. It's the one mega evo I've been looking forward to the most. I just hope it gets one. Jynx has a controversial history and I hope that doesn't discourage Gamefreak from doing something for it. Then again it did make the trademark list so Gamefreak still cares about Jynx.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination

Flawless to you, of course. For example, regular Blaziken is extremely ugly to me, but Mega Blaziken has a great design. It is quite subjective. If one doesn't like the aesthetic of a certain mega evolution, there is always the option of NOT using them.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
The great thing about Pokemon is, everybody has their own opinions and likes and dislikes but nobody is really right or wrong :)

Gengar is my fave Mega by far, Blaziken not far behind. My wife has fallen in love with Mega Gardevoir. Manectric has been a stable of my teams since RSE, one of my fave electric types! Will def be using his Mega at some point. The only Mega I dislike so far is Heracross, but I understand that a lot of people appreciate it :p
Well my opinion will be laced with disappointment with the reveal of a somewhat aesthetically mediocre mega for my beloved pokemons evolution.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Any news on Mega Gallade?

Nothing so far.. But here's hoping too!

I kinda hope Mega Scizor had counterpart just like Houndoom/Manectric or Tyranitar/Aggron 2nd gen with 3rd gen counterpart for mega evo..

Wizardly Oz

Scholar of Insects

Ah, quite. It may take some time, but I have yet to select the "mega for me". I am happy to see, however, that others have been able to clearly identify their "mega for me." After all, I believe it was GF's intention for Mega evolving to produce the desired affect of feeling closer to your pokemon, so I am still hoping for one that takes my attention immediately... sadly, no feeling of the sort would happen upon Mega evolving my beloved Garchomp into Jack Nicholson from "The Shining."

Status
Not open for further replies.