• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairyofblood

If we are talking about strong Megas, the ones that haves mired amazingly for me are mawile and aerodactyl...with mawile, it can switch into just about any physical sweeper, set intimidate and mega evolve to clean house...send in a wall? No prob, power up punch and continue to sweep...the only thing it really fears are special fire and fighting attacks...

Aerodactyl's speed is intense...couple that with tough claws and moves like dragon claw will hit extra hard...

Still trying to find a banette...all I'm ever finding are garbodors[/QUOTe

mawile is weak to ground too. mawile is no threat at all to me.

ZelionX

What moveset are you using for MegaGardevoir?

Calm Mind, Moonblast, Psychic, and Focus Blast. That gives coverage against its weaknesses and utilize STAB pretty well. Obviously a good physical attack can take it out but it usually outspeeds others. You have to watch out for Bullet Punch though.

fairyofblood

i love stone edge and stealth rock. its perfect for taking out both charizard x and y there both weak to it. prevents them from changing pokemon.

MattySadler

How far do you think they will go with Mega Evolutions? The list of Pokemon you could get a Mega Evo is limited only by your imagination.

For example, if Venusaur, Charizard x2, Blastoise and Blaziken all have them, I see no reason why Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Swampert, Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Serperior, Emboar and Samurott can't, and if Alakazam and Gengar do, so could Golem and Machamp. Same with Tyranitar and Garchomp having Mega Evos, so could all the other psuedo-legendaries, not to mention the endless list of crap Pokemon who need a boost and the list of Pokemon who could become even more bad ***.

The possibilities are endless and I absolutely love it!!

ZelionX

If we are talking about strong Megas, the ones that haves mired amazingly for me are mawile and aerodactyl...with mawile, it can switch into just about any physical sweeper, set intimidate and mega evolve to clean house...send in a wall? No prob, power up punch and continue to sweep...the only thing it really fears are special fire and fighting attacks...

Aerodactyl's speed is intense...couple that with tough claws and moves like dragon claw will hit extra hard...

Still trying to find a banette...all I'm ever finding are garbodors[/QUOTe

mawile is weak to ground too. mawile is no threat at all to me.

It does learn Magnet Rise through a 5th gen tutor

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Currently breeding Shuppet to try Banette now. I'm going to test how well it can use Gunk Shot for extra coverage since Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch basically cover the same thing. It has Destiny Bond as well since it's so frail and with Prankster it could perform nicely.

fairyofblood

Currently breeding Shuppet to try Banette now. I'm going to test how well it can use Gunk Shot for extra coverage since Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch basically cover the same thing. It has Destiny Bond as well since it's so frail and with Prankster it could perform nicely.

it wont wont even slow people down.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Here's something else I've been wondering. Do Pokemon with Megas (eg. Banette, Heracross) Get evolite boosts when in regular forme?

joep05

master of disaster
Mega evolutions will certainly make things intersting in battle, but surely you must be careful when considering what you want to mega evolve since you only get one per battle, Mawile seems to be the "postermon" for mega evolution but for me, i want to stick my mega gyarados' teeth into all who oppose him

Rakurai

Mega Gyarados would've been much better if it had retained its original typing, as the Dark type is honestly a liability these days.

I'd like to hope it at least learns Crunch now so it can take advantage of it in some way.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I do want all the starters to get Megaformes, maybe then we can get a proper Water/Fighting Samurott or Dragon/Grass Superior.

Likewise, with examples Megaggaron (Which is probably my go-to example for a perfect mega-evolution. A 3-stage pokemon crippled by it's typing giving it a boost that changes that extends and changes the strategy to use with and against it and improving but not replacing the base form). I could see Pokemon like Lapras or Milotic getting one.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Calm Mind, Moonblast, Psychic, and Focus Blast. That gives coverage against its weaknesses and utilize STAB pretty well. Obviously a good physical attack can take it out but it usually outspeeds others. You have to watch out for Bullet Punch though.

This moveset Only covers it's Fairy Weaknesses. It still has Bug, and Ghost weakness and none of those moves are strong against Ghost or Bug, Ghost is even Immune to one of those moves.

Tenilius

How far do you think they will go with Mega Evolutions? The list of Pokemon you could get a Mega Evo is limited only by your imagination.

For example, if Venusaur, Charizard x2, Blastoise and Blaziken all have them, I see no reason why Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Sceptile, Swampert, Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Serperior, Emboar and Samurott can't, and if Alakazam and Gengar do, so could Golem and Machamp. Same with Tyranitar and Garchomp having Mega Evos, so could all the other psuedo-legendaries, not to mention the endless list of crap Pokemon who need a boost and the list of Pokemon who could become even more bad ***.

The possibilities are endless and I absolutely love it!!

In my opinion at the very minimum we'll see stones for the remaining starters, and pseudo's but not the Gen VI ones.
Unless they're hidden very well within the game I think they would be event exclusives like Blazikenite.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
This moveset Only covers it's Fairy Weaknesses. It still has Bug, and Ghost weakness and none of those moves are strong against Ghost or Bug, Ghost is even Immune to one of those moves.

It's not weak to Bug because of it's Fairy typing. Psychic hit's Ghosts neutrally, and it has the Special Defense to survive a Shadow Ball anyway. Especially after a Calm Mind.

Rakurai

I still can't get over how lacking Mega Manectric is compared to practically every other Mega.

I honestly think the only thing that could make Manectric viable at this point is an extremely good egg move like Aura Sphere, but I seriously doubt they'd be that kind to it...

TRG

Someone else said it best... Mega Manectric might as well be renamed to "Volt Switch the Pokemon."

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I still can't get over how lacking Mega Manectric is compared to practically every other Mega.

I honestly think the only thing that could make Manectric viable at this point is an extremely good egg move like Aura Sphere, but I seriously doubt they'd be that kind to it...

May I ask what's particularly wrong with it? I want to use it in the future, so if I know its flaws I can better adapt to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.