• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno.Fan

So Mega Lati@s look almost exactly the same? I also really hope that there are more Megas and that they were just mistaken about there only being two more.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
And for Sceptile what would you guys like for an ability ?
I would love Protean tbh

And for Sceptile what would you guys like for an ability ?
I would love Protean tbh

Since it has to lose unburden, I think Chlorophyll is sort of fitting.

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
new latios and latias look poor

they look better without megas.

Hoping for a mega Articuno or Moltres, if done right, they would look amazing

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
new latios and latias look poor

they look better without megas.

Hoping for a mega Articuno or Moltres, if done right, they would look amazing

Somebody talked about having a zapdos megastone some while ago... but he showed no evidence

After having some time to take them in a really don't like the look of the Mega Lati@s, I think they should have been designed to look different, although I get the whole red + blue = purple like they merged, etc.

Also hate to mention this but I can't help but think this signals Hoenn and a trip there of some sort to get them.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
That can't be what Mega Latias looks like, can it? It looks too much like Latios and Mega Latios. I think there might've been a mistake here, I think instead of posting both, they posted Mega Latios twice.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
That can't be what Mega Latias looks like, can it? It looks too much like Latios and Mega Latios. I think there might've been a mistake here, I think instead of posting both, they posted Mega Latios twice.

Well the HP bar says "Latias" so probably not.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3

But they have different genders as well as the name said Latios and Latias. Thoug Latios is flying higher than Latias

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
But they have different genders as well as the name said Latios and Latias. Thoug Latios is flying higher than Latias

Probably because it was taken mid animation in flight. They probably have the same floating/levitating pattern in battle

Tytus

Iron Islander
I don't see at all how it would get Sap Sipper, considering its origin. Regenerator would make much more sense, and it would be such an amazing ability for Mega Swampert. Actually, that might be better to replace Damp with, since that's such a useless Hidden Ability.

I just think that give a alrady bulky pokemon no weakness's is just pretty op.
Since Goodra is a swamp pokemon too and has Sap Sipper it would be that weird that Swapert got it.
^^^This, plus Azumarill gets it too. No reason Swampert wouldn't be able to flavor-wise.

R_N

Compare the faces, they're different

0danmaster0

Mega Latios has bigger, curvier uhhhh
...sideburns?

also a slight difference in size all around
latias.jpg
latios.jpg

If you are talking about the pointy ear things then honestly they look exactly the same

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
^^^This, plus Azumarill gets it too. No reason Swampert wouldn't be able to flavor-wise.

Nothing about the Goomy line really makes sense, so I don't know about that example. I'm just saying, Regenerator seems like a much cooler ability for a Swamper than Sap Sipper.

There really aren't any differences, unless Latios looks slightly bulkier.

*Bangs fist on desk*

How are we to tell the hacker didn't mess with the game code? Who names their Fennekin "howdoesthis"?

The eyes are the only major thing, really. Seeing as they're twins, and red + blue makes purple, I don't see a huge issue with it. I'd rather this than making them look massively different.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
latias.jpg
latios.jpg

If you are talking about the pointy ear things then honestly they look exactly the same

I'm screaming. They look completely identical to me except for Latios which looks slightly bigger, but perhaps that's just because of the perspective. I really liked all the previous mega Pokemon because they at least looked interesting, but Mega Latios and Mega Latias look average. Neither good nor bad at this point.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
The question remains on how difficult would it have been for them to maintain their same color. This is hardly original. They're already godly with the Soul Dew, they hardly need megas. For a Latios one, it would be really good but Latias is supposed to have that feminine grace about her and a distinctive color.

Status
Not open for further replies.