• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Procrastination!

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Yeah, dem guilty pleasures....who here uses pokemon (or I suppose other things) to procrastinate important stuff, like homework, chores, etc? Now, DO NOT post here to say how procrastinating is stupid and wrong and lazy and bad and all, even if you are right and have a good point that is not the point of this thread! I'm looking to connect with people who get themselves into pickles like me but just can't stop enjoying themselves and can't (or choose not to he he) manage time properly....

Btw, I'm not saying I don't think schoolwork is important, and while I admit I do procrastinate it often I still am a good student (I work very hard during the school day for sure, and on homework when I "get" to it) and care about school. I guess you could say I just have poor self control/discipline....yeah I'm sorta a mess. Anyone relate to this?

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
yay I like love you now wee ain't it fun? :p XD

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Well, I don't really use Pokémon as a way to procrastinate, but I come on here a lot, so...

Yeah, I'm like a pretty big procrastinator when I shouldn't be since I'm in college, and college is serious business. But I'm not the only one out there who has a disdain for a lot of the assignments a lot of the classes tend to have. I especially don't really like one of the teacher's way of teaching, so I'm just pretty much scraping by with whatever grade I have right now (and I haven't done my homework for that class either OOPS). I'm pretty much half-dead for the most part when it comes to class/homework, so it's a wonder I haven't failed another class for as long as I have.

Of course, my procrastination doesn't stop there. Nope, I procrastinate on pretty much anything if I don't get to it right away. So... yeah.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Well, I don't really use Pokémon as a way to procrastinate, but I come on here a lot, so...

Yeah, I'm like a pretty big procrastinator when I shouldn't be since I'm in college, and college is serious business. But I'm not the only one out there who has a disdain for a lot of the assignments a lot of the classes tend to have. I especially don't really like one of the teacher's way of teaching, so I'm just pretty much scraping by with whatever grade I have right now (and I haven't done my homework for that class either OOPS). I'm pretty much half-dead for the most part when it comes to class/homework, so it's a wonder I haven't failed another class for as long as I have.

Of course, my procrastination doesn't stop there. Nope, I procrastinate on pretty much anything if I don't get to it right away. So... yeah.

yep I know what you mean. Well, ok I'm still in high school, and probably have a lot less work than you, but still...

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
cool. I like to say, "I'm a procrastinator, it's in my blood". :p yeah it's "me" too.....

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Unfortunately, I procrastinate way too much. I never do it for homework unless it's like a giatn project, but I always do it for chores and practicing my instruments and that kind of thing. Usually this is one of the things I do instead...

CinccinoChic

Normal-Type Trainer

This! All day, every day! xD

I find that I learn things better outside of class at my own pace, when I can actually read in-depth about what I enjoy, rather than some professor lecturing about lots of vague things to a class of 100 people...

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
Unfortunately, I procrastinate way too much. I never do it for homework unless it's like a giatn project, but I always do it for chores and practicing my instruments and that kind of thing. Usually this is one of the things I do instead...

Well good for you that you can put your homework first, lol...eh often I do, I can't say always, or even most of the time, though...I know, I'm bad. And as I said before, I do care about school...I'm just crazy :p

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I find that I learn things better outside of class at my own pace, when I can actually read in-depth about what I enjoy, rather than some professor lecturing about lots of vague things to a class of 100 people...

I have a really small class for a community college, I just don't really like the projects assigned to us. Yeah, he says he gives us the freedom to do what we want, but you have to keep it in the rules of the project. And these were projects I just weren't interested in. I don't care about making thirty-second trailers/commercials for a documentary special. And the fact that I think After Effects hates me anyway doesn't help either. So for the most part, I just stop working on it when I really shouldn't.

I swear the only freedom I've really had for my own creativity was in PhotoShop class, and that was a couple of years ago :/. I miss assignments like that.

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!

Naughty naughty.

I actually either do everything immediately or procrastinate it all to hell.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
I'm procrastinating right now. Should work on my 3D modelling stuff but meh, I still have a few weeks until the deadline. I'll manage. I don't usually use Pokémon for that purpose though, although I will often slip into PO to have a few matches before I start doing work I know will take hours.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I'm a terrible procrastinator, very frequently wasting time just looking at the same old things on the internet rather then getting things started. It doesn't help that a lot of my work is done on a computer.

I am however getting better at doing things earlier now I have a busier schedule and can't leave things until the last minute without sacrificing fun things I want to do.

TheEliteEmpoleon

I'm pretty much the master of procrastination. I can get great stuff done when it is last-minute, so I wait until then. I still get great grades.n

StarSurgeX

☆ I'm The Captain
Pretty much everyday, here on the forums or on Facebook like right now

Colt45

Cobalt
Pretty much everyday, here on the forums or on Facebook like right now

That is EXACTLY how I am, everyday at the start i'm like Alright! today I'm gonna do my homework right when I get home from school! instead I go on the internet or play video games or something until 3 a.m. when I start my homework. And dont even get me started on papers and projects.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I'm actually procrastinating right now, hehe. Like other people said, I mostly procrastinate when I have to go to the computer for homework, which is mostly everyday since I access most of my textbooks online.