• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BW 037: Roggenrola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentleman Skeleton

Y'know, Roggenrola never crossed my mind as an Ash Pokemon. Now that it could be a possibility, I kinda like it. My guess for the episode is that Ash's troubles with it is due to its Sturdy ability. Oshawott, Snivy and Tranquil are the Pokemon used against it at first, but it's capable of taking them on with ease. If you want my opinion on attacks it would be the following:

-Smack Down
-Bulldoze/Mud-Slap
-Flash Cannon
-Rock Polish/Stealth Rock

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Y'know, Roggenrola never crossed my mind as an Ash Pokemon. Now that it could be a possibility, I kinda like it. My guess for the episode is that Ash's troubles with it is due to its Sturdy ability. Oshawott, Snivy and Tranquil are the Pokemon used against it at first, but it's capable of taking them on with ease. If you want my opinion on attacks it would be the following:

-Smack Down
-Bulldoze/Mud-Slap
-Flash Cannon
-Rock Polish/Stealth Rock

It will have Tackle probably seeing how the writers love that attack but I could see it with that moveset... well Smack Down, Bulldoze, & Flash Cannon to start.

Gentleman Skeleton

Alright, I'm going to take my earlier prediction one step farther. If in two weeks when the preview for BW037 comes out Roggenrola is shown using Smack Down and/or Bulldoze, I can guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that not only will Ash catch it, but it will be a key player in his gym battle against Elisa.

Salamandre

^drandon00151
*calls brock* hey long time no see man it's me ash, listen i just caught an raggenrola you know a rock type. And its been floating on the lake for 3 hours now it's not moving what should i do. Oh and congrats on bieng a doctor

yea:p

^ Gentle skeleton
Think someone already has you avatar :) still startles me everytime though. As for moves i rather it use rock throw we haven't seen the ability for a long time

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
While we're on the topic of movesets, I think that Roggenrola (if caught by Ash) will have Smack Down, Tackle, and Flash Cannon. If it has a fourth move, I would guess Iron Defense or Sand Attack. Then again, Flash Cannon goes without saying.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Now that Palpitoad looks like its not gonna be be caught (well to me at least) I do support Ash catching Roggenrola.

KibaLG8

While we're on the topic of movesets, I think that Roggenrola (if caught by Ash) will have Smack Down, Tackle, and Flash Cannon. If it has a fourth move, I would guess Iron Defense or Sand Attack. Then again, Flash Cannon goes without saying.

For Ash to have his Oshawott get raped by a Roggenrola... it must be a pretty strong Pokemon already, so i can see it having some powerful moves, that or it evolves fairly quickly & gains those powerful moves.

SlimKennedy

Maybe they can use this episode as an excuse to teach Scraggy a decent attack. Like while Ash is trying to catch it, it defeats all his other Pokemon, and Scraggy learns an actual fighting type move to defeat it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
For Ash to have his Oshawott get raped by a Roggenrola... it must be a pretty strong Pokemon already, so i can see it having some powerful moves, that or it evolves fairly quickly & gains those powerful moves.

Oh pls Oshawott got raped by flamethrower and scald lol I see him going down to smack down or flash cannon(both moves it is strong too). Oshawott is pretty weak lol.

dman_dustin

Oh pls Oshawott got raped by flamethrower and scald lol I see him going down to smack down or flash cannon(both moves it is strong too). Oshawott is pretty weak lol.

To be fair two flamethrower attacks against Oshawott is the equivalent of one flamethrower against a neutral to fire attacks Pokemon. As for Scald, as far as I know it didn't knock Oshawott, just caused it some pain.

And let's be fairer even still, Oshawott has come along way since BW008.

Though outside of Aqua Jet (using it after it probably masters it in BW035), I can't help but think there are better Pokemon for the catching job. Honestly, I would like to see how Roggenrola is affected by attract, assuming Roggenrola is a male. Hell even Swadloon would be an interesting choice.

Oshawott better be the first starter to evolve to justify all this screen time. As much as I like Oshawott, I think at this point, I'd rather see someone else.

Though maybe I'm just hoping it doesn't end up like Sewaddle's capture, where only Pikachu only showed up (the only at the moment Pokemon Ash of his showed in that episode), I would hope at least three Pokemon (Pikachu, Oshawott, and something else like Snivy/Scraggy/etc).

BM14murph

Master Collector
Ahhh didn't want Oshawott to get raped yet again

I imagine Roggenrola's sturdy ability will have a role on this episode...it's one annoying ability to against in the games i must say

Zuzu14

buttd
I wouldn't mind Ash catching a Roggenrola. People seem to be going on how it doesn't suit him, but really, is that what the writers are constantly thinking? It would be cool to have him own a Roggenrola, and hopefully he'll learn how to exploit his Sturdy ability to his advantage.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm going to randomly speculate what this episode is about and what happens and what not, just to kill some time.

Ash, Iris, and Cilan are on their way to Nimbasa city when they come across a Roggenrola in the forest rampaging. Seeing this, Ash makes an attempt to capture it. Ash sends out Oshawott to battle it. Oshawott uses it's Aqua Jet but Roggenrola counters with a Flash Cannon, knocking Oshawott out with one hit. Roggenrola tries to escape but Ash sends out Snivy before it can get away. Snivy uses Leaf Storm, but like Oshawott it's knocked out with one hit by Flash Cannon. Ash then sends out Swadloon, and again it's knocked out with one hit by Flash Cannon. Ash tries to send out another Pokemon but Roggenrola gets away. Ash is about to chase after it but Cilan suggests they stop at a Pokemon Center to heal Ash's Pokemon and to have a little break, Ash agrees.

At the Pokemon Center it's busy. Iris asks some people about what's going on, and they say it's Roggenrola. They explain how lots of trainers have tried to capture it but it's too strong. Some person appears and explains more about Roggenrola. He/she explains how Roggenrola's Flash Cannon is too powerful for it to control on it's own. Explaining further, he/she says how Roggenrola is afraid of someone being it's training since it may hurt it's trainer by accident due to the out of control Flash Cannon. Hearing this Ash seems more pumped up to catch it, saying he'll find Roggenrola and help it control Flash Cannon, then they can battle again and Ash can catch it. Ash leaves all his Pokemon behind to rest and only Pikachu goes with him. Iris and Cilan stay behind to help Nurse Joy with the busy situation.

Ash and Pikachu go looking for Roggenrola and find it. Roggenrola is getting ready to fire Flash Cannon but Ash tells it he wants to help. After enough convincing Roggenrola allows Ash to help it.

*Cue training montage*. Ash and Pikachu set up all different sorts of training methods for Roggenrola, at one point Roggenrola loses control and hits Ash, Ash tells it not to worry and smiles at Roggenrola, you can tell it's warming up to Ash now.

With all that training it still hasn't learned to control it's powers fully, but it's better then before. Just then an explosion happens. Roggenrola is taken away. Team Rocket is behind it. Ash tells Team Rocket to give it back but they clearly don't listen and fly off. Roggenrola is scared. Ash and Pikachu go chasing after them.

Team Rocket say that this Roggenrola would be perfect for Team Rocket. It's massive power once control will be very useful. Ash appears and has Pikachu take down Team Rocket's flying mecha. Woobat and Yamask are sent out, Pikachu goes up against them. Roggenrola still locked up sees Ash trying to help it and seems shocked. During the battle Roggenrola gets freed. It fires it's Flash Cannon at Team Rocket with full control. Team Rocket blast off via rocker packs again.

Ash makes sure Roggenrola is ok. Then they either battle and Ash catches it or Roggenrola just lets Ash catch it. Ash then makes his way back to the Pokemon Center.

The Pokemon Center isn't busy anymore and all of Ash's Pokemon are doing fine. He talks to Juniper via picture phone, Roggenrola is there. Ash then switches a Pokemon for it or just leaves it at Juniper's for now.

Narrator concludes the episode.

Salamandre

^Gliscor not bad mite heres my go at it

Ash and friends are only a few distances short of reaching Nimbasa city, ash motivated that he'll get his 4th gym badge. On thier way they cross a path adjacent to an very steep hill. As they walk a sound echoes from above it's a pokemo.....slpash.....the move was super affective....ash fainted. Once awoken ash asked his companion what had happened and told him a raggonerola fell from the hill and landed on his head. There ash became motivated to catch that raggonerola and cilans backs him by saying it be a good match against the gym(wrong statement ragg is a pure rock type it's normally damaged by electric only ground is immune). So ash searches for raggonerola and see it standign next to a massive boulder. There it prepares a powerful charge could it be flash...woah it falls backwards and launches it in to the sky. <doctors appointment i'll get back to ya on this one>

@g&y: I hope next time you read summary before speculating. I also hope that all stuff you mentioned that matches the summary doesn't happen cause it is too generic.

On Topic: The geode should have Smack Down or Stealth Rock. I want to see Ash use them as his strategy. Attract was not much helpful but SD\SR might be. And both these moves are quite useful in next gym too.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I'm going to randomly speculate what this episode is about and what happens and what not, just to kill some time.

Ash, Iris, and Cilan are on their way to Nimbasa city when they come across a Roggenrola in the forest rampaging. Seeing this, Ash makes an attempt to capture it. Ash sends out Oshawott to battle it. Oshawott uses it's Aqua Jet but Roggenrola counters with a Flash Cannon, knocking Oshawott out with one hit. Roggenrola tries to escape but Ash sends out Snivy before it can get away. Snivy uses Leaf Storm, but like Oshawott it's knocked out with one hit by Flash Cannon. Ash then sends out Swadloon, and again it's knocked out with one hit by Flash Cannon. Ash tries to send out another Pokemon but Roggenrola gets away. Ash is about to chase after it but Cilan suggests they stop at a Pokemon Center to heal Ash's Pokemon and to have a little break, Ash agrees.

At the Pokemon Center it's busy. Iris asks some people about what's going on, and they say it's Roggenrola. They explain how lots of trainers have tried to capture it but it's too strong. Some person appears and explains more about Roggenrola. He/she explains how Roggenrola's Flash Cannon is too powerful for it to control on it's own. Explaining further, he/she says how Roggenrola is afraid of someone being it's training since it may hurt it's trainer by accident due to the out of control Flash Cannon. Hearing this Ash seems more pumped up to catch it, saying he'll find Roggenrola and help it control Flash Cannon, then they can battle again and Ash can catch it. Ash leaves all his Pokemon behind to rest and only Pikachu goes with him. Iris and Cilan stay behind to help Nurse Joy with the busy situation.

Ash and Pikachu go looking for Roggenrola and find it. Roggenrola is getting ready to fire Flash Cannon but Ash tells it he wants to help. After enough convincing Roggenrola allows Ash to help it.

*Cue training montage*. Ash and Pikachu set up all different sorts of training methods for Roggenrola, at one point Roggenrola loses control and hits Ash, Ash tells it not to worry and smiles at Roggenrola, you can tell it's warming up to Ash now.

With all that training it still hasn't learned to control it's powers fully, but it's better then before. Just then an explosion happens. Roggenrola is taken away. Team Rocket is behind it. Ash tells Team Rocket to give it back but they clearly don't listen and fly off. Roggenrola is scared. Ash and Pikachu go chasing after them.

Team Rocket say that this Roggenrola would be perfect for Team Rocket. It's massive power once control will be very useful. Ash appears and has Pikachu take down Team Rocket's flying mecha. Woobat and Yamask are sent out, Pikachu goes up against them. Roggenrola still locked up sees Ash trying to help it and seems shocked. During the battle Roggenrola gets freed. It fires it's Flash Cannon at Team Rocket with full control. Team Rocket blast off via rocker packs again.

Ash makes sure Roggenrola is ok. Then they either battle and Ash catches it or Roggenrola just lets Ash catch it. Ash then makes his way back to the Pokemon Center.

The Pokemon Center isn't busy anymore and all of Ash's Pokemon are doing fine. He talks to Juniper via picture phone, Roggenrola is there. Ash then switches a Pokemon for it or just leaves it at Juniper's for now.

Narrator concludes the episode.

What about the leaking water cave things, that the guy in the Pokemon center mentions, as stated in the summary. Also, I hope Ash just befriends it.

gliscor&yanmega

@g&y: I hope next time you read summary before speculating. I also hope that all stuff you mentioned that matches the summary doesn't happen cause it is too generic.

I did read the summary...what exactly did I write that says other wise?

Summary says Ash battles Roggenrola and loses and goes to the Pokemon center.

Title mentions Flash Cannon.

I had both those in my prediction.

Did I miss something?

What about the leaking water cave things, that the guy in the Pokemon center mentions, as stated in the summary. Also, I hope Ash just befriends it.

I don't remember seeing that, I guess I missed it.

I wish these threads would update with any new info so people don't have to look through page after page.

EDIT: I guess I did miss something since I just found it. It's rather difficult to find all these different pieces of info on all different pages though.

Last edited:

KibaLG8

I'm really getting nervous about the Nimbasa Gym.... If Roggenrola is captured & used in the gym..... it will be Roggenrola, Pikachu, & Oshawott/Snivy/Swadloon? I hope the next Pokemon Ash catches won't ever be used in a gym..... actually Roggenrola better not star in the gym if it is used.

Brandon00151

I have a feeling IF Ash catches it I have a feeling it will suffer Buizel syndrome and instantly become weaker than it was in the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.