• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

>>>> Closed Thread Container <<<<

Do you play with Nuzlocke rules?

• Yes!

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • No...

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • What the hell is Nuzlocke?

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutaka

Ignition
wow...this is just sad. Its like my uncle said, just because something shows something anti-religious,(his example was Harry Potter) doesn't mean its evil. It fiction, just for fun. Does it mean you should build your life around it, no. But just playing it is fine. In fact, Pokemon can be used to teach a few ethical values too. Since when was there wars and killing in Pokemon? Never. (Well, Lucario & the mystery of Mew, but that war was taken place way in the past) As far as ethics goes, here i spart of the new song for the anime:

It's about you, it's about me,
It's about hope, it's about dreams,
It's about friends that work together,
To claim their destiny,
It's about reaching for the sky, having the courage and willing to try,
It's about never giving up, so hold your hands up, and we will carry on...

Karpi

Forever a pirate
Instead of ranting about Grovyle > Sceptile, why not just link to the "Lost Evolution" fanfic thread? lol

Karpi

Forever a pirate
From the article linked to on page 1:
"In Japan, Shinto grew out of an awe for manifestations of nature such as sun, water, rocks, trees and even sounds (jiggly puff, a cute Pokemon sings a song and the sounds puts all who hear her into a trance (my definition of a trance is any sleep that is induced against the persons will) – this is a common type of teaching in Shinto and is very evident in Pokemon)!"

I actually laughed out loud when I read they were talking about "jiggly puff"

It's meant to represent a lullaby... I mean, that baby really DOESN'T want to fall asleep, hence the crying, so the mother sings to put it into a demonic trance, apparently.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
From the article linked to on page 1:
"In Japan, Shinto grew out of an awe for manifestations of nature such as sun, water, rocks, trees and even sounds (jiggly puff, a cute Pokemon sings a song and the sounds puts all who hear her into a trance (my definition of a trance is any sleep that is induced against the persons will) – this is a common type of teaching in Shinto and is very evident in Pokemon)!"

I actually laughed out loud when I read they were talking about "jiggly puff"

It's meant to represent a lullaby... I mean, that baby really DOESN'T want to fall asleep, hence the crying, so the mother sings to put it into a demonic trance, apparently.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Okay. This thread (my own) was the most pathetic idea and is very old. I suggest no one responds to this.

Penguinist Trainer

Easily Rhyhorn... I think the design got progressively worse every evolution.

Rhyhorn, in my opinion, looks threatening. Imagining this armored beast charging you is enough reason to be wary of them.

Rhydon sheds some of the armor plating for bipedal movement. Unfortunately, when I picture it moving, I imagine the guy in the Godzilla costume slowly waddling through town.

Rhyperior is just plain comical. It's a good thing it can shoot rocks out of its hands because I can't imagine it moving at all. Seriously, I can imagine the Geodude line moving, but I can't visualize this beast being able to move its own weight.

"Jessie-Treasure!
James-Diamonds and pearls!
Meowth-Let's finish this season first!"
-Pokemon Ranger & the Temple of the Sea

funny how they refer to the next season :)

On the American/CartoonNetwork version Meowth says something along the lines of "Sounds like good names for video games," but funny nonetheless.

1st Gen episode w/ Mankey

Brock: *Prepares to throw Pokeball* Go Pokeball! *looks at it* Uh, Go Doughnut![Rice Cake]

Cracked me up... I still use it today.

firestar319

The Marauder
Misty: How about this?
Gastly: What's that?
Misty: It's a cross. I've also got: garlic, a stick, and a hammer!
Gastly: What do I look like a vampire or something?

1st gen episode The Ghost of Maiden's Peak

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
First things first: the new ice cream cone Pokemon. The single best example of evolution gone wrong in the whole 600-some-strong bestiary (learned that word from BCVM22!).
Me too! Do you think he eats dictionarys or something? :p
Dokkora's pretty cute, even with the veiny head and big nose. But its two evolutions just get uglier. I can understand this one, though, so I have no real complants and no real explanations. Roopushin is just uglier than Dokkora. Oh well.

No question that Roopushin is ugly, but damn that thing looks cool! It's carrying massive cinder blocks for crying out loud!

In my opinion, Bulbasaur and Ivysaur have always looked much better than Venusaur; Venusaur looks too fat to be able to move.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
"fufufufufufufufufufufufufu" - from pretty much any game. Still use it to this day :D

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
aipom is mischievously cute! i like his face as if as he is mocking you.

but ambipom looks like an otaku. with dirty tails trying to grope you. that is what i imagine.

Crobat Ray

PO Username: Ray !
Ok here it is:

Haunter
Gastly
Grovyle
Monferno
Hitomoshi
Hatoboo
Kadabra
Dragonair

Thats it *Exhales*

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
For some reason, I see Dragonair looking cooler than Dragonite. The blue orbs seem to make it look more, mystical, well to me at least...

Just for something different, I will say this, I think Turtwig and Piplup look better than their second forms, but I like their final forms more than their base forms. To me, I view Grotle and Prinplup as hideous. Same can be said about Tepig (god I hate that name, SHOULDA been Pignite instead!), I hate Chaobuu a lot for its ugliness, but think Emboar has made up for it, a bit.

Last edited:

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
Oh yeah, Hatoboo looks so much better than its evos, both genders. Male is a bit excessive and strange, and female is so boring. Yuck.

GilligBoi

Houndoor
Totdodile
Turtwig

Status
Not open for further replies.