• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Languages.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
My languages.

I speak English, and speaking and writing very well in Chinese.
I would like to learn Japanese, Russian, Spanish, French, and other languages.
It would be usefull when traveling the world studying animals.

Last edited:

Lynx22

Cool thread!

My native language is English, but I understand Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese fairly well and speak them at a decent level. I think I might play through Sun or Moon in Spanish for the practice. It's really awesome that they started giving the option to choose your language instead of having to buy the region locked version. Now I can mindlessly learn, while enjoying pokemon! Hopefully, they'll continue to add more language options to the games.

Other than those, I'd like to explore Japanese someday. :)

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
my first languages are tamil and hindi, but i can speak english fluently as well.

trying to pick up some french and japanese from time to time :)

JCMPerry

I speak English fluently, pretty decent German (in that I can make myself understood on most topics but grammatical errors are still frequent) and I'm working on Welsh (as it is my heritage language) and I want to pick up Biblical Hebrew and New Testament Greek.

Aside from English, I know a bit of Spanish, and can mainly read Japanese. I'm mostly okay with reading manga raw if I have to.

I would like to learn more Portuguese and Chinese especially, though. (Darn those fortune cookies at Chinese restaurants, you have to be lucky to get a place that has hanzi on them! I only remember seeing one of the "ta's"!)

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
My native tongue is Slovene and I'm fluent in English and German. I'm also in my second year of uni, majoring in Japanese and English.

I tried taking up Spanish in high school for two years too, but it didn't work out. I forgot most of it, since I'm not really exposed to the language at all.

^My experience is much the same with Spanish there... (My father lived in Venezuela growing up, but never really helped me learn.) I own a S-E dictionary and still have most of my notes and some schoolwork somewhere... So maybe one day =/

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Cool, another Duolingo user. I'm currently using it to learn Russian. So far, I know nothing but simple words. A new alphabet on top of the language itself makes things harder. I speak English and Spanish natively, and I'm surprised to see very few other people from Spanish speaking countries here on the forums. Then again, I only know one other person in my entire university that plays Pokemon. It's a sad city I live in.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
My native language is Greek. I also know English pretty well and can also understand a bit of French and Japanese but I'm very rusty with these two.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
My native languages are Bengali and Hindi, and I know English very well. Starting to understand Japanese a bit by bit now(mainly because of watching the Pokemon Episodes in Japanese xD).

My native language is English, but I can speak some basic French and German, and I know a few Japanese words thanks to having no life watching anime and Vocaloid songs and playing otome games with Japanese VAs like Amnesia: Memories.

But if you sent me out into the wide world to France or Germany or Japan I'd probably be helpless. I kinda wanna learn more of all three languages though.

Besides English, the other languages that I can speak some or a little bit of are Spanish, German, French, Japanese, Huttese (the Hutt language), Mando'a (the Mandalorian language), and Khelish (the Quarian language).

Nyter

Island Challenger
I grew up speaking spanish because my parents had me right after they immigrated to the US. School took care of english for me and it was challenging then. I have both mastered now. I know minimal french and am teaching myself more as time progresses.

And to the OP Spanish IS one of the easier languages to learn because if you learn the phonetics, most of the language, how it sounds is how you spell it where as english has many silent lettered words or combined constant changes.

AND I know Pokemon in spanish is sounded of as it is spelled in English. Take for instance "Blastoise". The "e" at the end in english is silent but in spanish it is not.