• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Zoroark

Master Tactician
Huh... so it seems like it's legitimate.

... Never mind what I said earlier! Sure, it'll suck that stuff like Absol's Magic Bounce won't kick in immediately, but still, having control over it will be awesome! (Also, a Dream World Absol can switch in on a Dark-type Attack, get a Justified boost, then use its Mega Evolution's newfound Attack and Speed to murder stuff.)

Lienn

I can see mega tyranitar with sand rush already. Or a mega politoed with swift swim.

Last edited:

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
SO mega evolution is like a fifth move awesome. also the professor has a mewtwo? automatically most badass professor we've had yet.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

R_N

SO mega evolution is like a fifth move awesome. also the professor has a mewtwo? automatically most badass professor we've had yet.

He likely has it on him for this demo only considering he just straight up gives you the thing at level 100 with a megastone

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
He likely has it on him for this demo only considering he just straight up gives you the thing at level 100 with a megastone

h then never mind, i didn't know demos weren't from the original game play xD

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm really glad that Mega Evolution is basically a select-able move. I didn't like the thought of it activating partway through battle, and now there's a choice to evolve whoever you want if you need it.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I am really happy that Mega Evolution is selectable just like a move, so I would assume that it takes one turn to Mega Evolve. This and the fact that you lose a hold item makes it seem that it will be a pretty balanced competitive battle feature. This game is going to be so much fun!

Regality

Digital King
I am really happy that Mega Evolution is selectable just like a move, so I would assume that it takes one turn to Mega Evolve. This and the fact that you lose a hold item makes it seem that it will be a pretty balanced competitive battle feature. This game is going to be so much fun!

You do not lose a turn.. you can use a move the same turn, before or after evolving.

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
So I'm guessing clicking the "Mega evolution" button counts as a Move? Or will the Pokemon still be able to attack during the same turn?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, the press of a button can be nice or bad depending on how you look at it.

Good if a Pokémon can use Intimidate and then change to a form with a different ability. I guess this is just another reason how this mechanic isn't getting past tourneys.

Bad in that why there's even a button when you're holding the item when you can have something else instead. It's their way of saying, "Hey, maybe you can still win with your Ampharos without the stone it's holding during the battle! What's that? You want to change the item during battle? Preposterous, child!"

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Bad in that why there's even a button when you're holding the item when you can have something else instead. It's their way of saying, "Hey, maybe you can still win with your Ampharos without the stone it's holding during the battle! What's that? You want to change the item during battle? Preposterous, child!"

This leads me to question what happens when the Pokemon does not have a Mega stone and you press the button?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
So I'm guessing clicking the "Mega evolution" button counts as a Move? Or will the Pokemon still be able to attack during the same turn?

Read the post directly above your own. :p

Mega Pokémon need to be limited somehow; preventing them from holding items accomplishes that quite well.

This leads me to question what happens when the Pokemon does not have a Mega stone and you press the button?

There probably won't be a button if you're not holding a Mega Stone.

Rakurai

Mega Evolution is going to have to provide a really substantial boost in order for it to be practical if it requires a turn to activate.

It's also going to limit its usefulness even further on weaker Pokemon, as while stronger Pokemon like Lucario and Blaziken can scare an opponent into switching and provide a chance for them to evolve safely, something like Mawile isn't going to have such a luxury nearly as often.

Avi604

Reef Trainer
Am I wrong, I don't believe your pokemon will switch abilities when it mega evolves because you need a pokemon with the mega stone and the special ability right? Like you can only evolve this special speed boost Blaziken and not your regular Blaziken right?

Status
Not open for further replies.