• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monek_OP

bernie2016
I hadn't noticed this, and I certainly don't look forward to that possibility either. Honestly, I don't like the idea of NPCs having level 100 Pokemon to begin with.

Don't worry; the Mewtwo in the trailer was level 50. Plus, I doubt the second gym leader, (who shows off mega evolution) will have level 100s...

MegaSnorlax

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think that if a pokemon has an opposite, and gets a mega form, its opposite will as well.

For example, if Seviper got one, Zangoose would have to. I think this will apply to Mawile/Sableye, which would be quite nice.

Honestly I'd really enjoy it if Heatmor/Durant got Megas, but it would take a huge power jump to make Heatmor OU viable.

I would honestly like to see a mega Ditto. Think about it, if Ditto is a failed experiment of Mewtwo and it has 2 mega evolutions. Then maybe they first tried it with Ditto as well resulting in MegaDitto

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
With the mega stones being countable hinting at usable items, do you guys think we'll get an abundance of them later in game maybe even available in the pokemart? I'd hope so otherwise I'd be too worried to ever use me stones incase if should of saved it.

There are items that cannot be used directly, but are countable and can be held.

Nuggets, Pearl Strings, Relic items....in fact, Nuggets and Pearl Strings were available only in a very limited quantity prior to B2/W2, just like the Mega Stones are implied to be.

So no, being countable doesn't mean it will be a directly usable item like Potions. It most likely will work in the same way as Creation Trio's Orbs, being a countable item with an effect that activates only in a battle and only while the item is being held.

I have a theory of how some pokemon got mega evolutions. It involves a mega ditto mating with pokemon and the DNA (X and Y genes) of mega evolutions passes through them.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
I have a theory of how some pokemon got mega evolutions. It involves a mega ditto mating with pokemon and the DNA (X and Y genes) of mega evolutions passes through them.

Thats seem like something that could make sense and work.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Thats seem like something that could make sense and work.

But then where did the Mega Stones come from? Hell, that's something that I want to know even without considering any hypotheses.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/mechanic-changes-155907/

"The standard selection process for Pokémon to be Mega-Evolvable is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance."

oh, just like everyone guessed

"The power-up of Mega-Evolved Pokemon is meant to elevate them to the class of legendary Pokémon, hence the restriction of only one Pokémon being allowed to hold a Mega Stone during battles."

600 BSTs confirmed

Ditto24

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/mechanic-changes-155907/

"The standard selection process for Pokémon to be Mega-Evolvable is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance."

oh, just like everyone with a brain guessed

"The power-up of Mega-Evolved Pokemon is meant to elevate them to the class of legendary Pokémon, hence the restriction of only one Pokémon being allowed to hold a Mega Stone during battles."

600 BSTs confirmed

Changed it for you.

If they were all 600 though it will hopefully stop all this 'Garchomp was stronger than Mawile so obviously MegaGarchomp will be stronger than MegaMawile' crap.

Rakurai

As much as I'd like to hope they have the sense to give all of the pseudo legends a mega for the sake of fairness, I'm feeling less confident about that happening after hearing those points mentioned...

Rakurai

It's easily the most deserving of one out of the lot if the game balance is being considered, since it was never that great compared to the other dragon pseudos due to its lack of a decent stat boosting move and mediocre speed.

Gaining a 4X weakness is only making things look much worse for it at the moment.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
I hope no more already good Pokemon get a mega evolution I think you know stuff like Farfetch'd should get one Pokemon that are not that good but if they're going by "visual looks, popularity and game balance" I wouldn't be surprised to see Dragonite and T-tar get one...

Ditto24

I hope no more already good Pokemon get a mega evolution I think you know stuff like Farfetch'd should get one Pokemon that are not that good but if they're going by "visual looks, popularity and game balance" I wouldn't be surprised to see Dragonite and T-tar get one...

They use these as 3 separate points, not a group;

Popularity; Blaziken, Mewtwo, Garchomp, Lucario
Balance; Kangaskhan, Mawile, Absol,
Visual looks; Kanto starters, Ampharos

etc.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
They use these as 3 separate points, not a group;

Popularity; Blaziken, Mewtwo, Garchomp, Lucario
Balance; Kangaskhan, Mawile, Absol,
Visual looks; Kanto starters, Ampharos

etc.

Point still remains about not wanting anymore good Pokemon to get one(at the moment)

Ditto24

Point still remains about not wanting anymore good Pokemon to get one(at the moment)

Never said it didn't, was just telling you what method they used. Scizor is meant to get one so I guess that fell under Popularity too, just hope GF keep the balance but they've shown that by lowering Garchomp's Speed.

If any other 'good' Pokemon fell under one of those categories then it can happen

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
Never said it didn't, was just telling you what method they used. Scizor is meant to get one so I guess that fell under Popularity too, just hope GF keep the balance but they've shown that by lowering Garchomp's Speed.

If any other 'good' Pokemon fell under one of those categories then it can happen

Yes but Garchomp is the only mega evo that had a negative(that I've seen) hopefully that's false and the "popular" Pokemon all have a negative somewhere I mean mega Blaziken with increase attack with speed boost? dear god

Ditto24

Yes but Garchomp is the only mega evo that had a negative(that I've seen) hopefully that's false and the "popular" Pokemon all have a negative somewhere I mean mega Blaziken with increase attack with speed boost? dear god

Yeah, the Garchomp one I felt was unnecessary and it's possibly my least favourite gen 6 design so far, but I'm sure it will grow on me.

MegaBlaziken does sound scary, but I have a feeling that Mega Pokemon will be fairly predictable since they can't hold any other items. Someone will find a counter, Blaziken is fairly frail if I remember. We'll just have to see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.