• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post A Scene!

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
This is something I wrote as part of a fanfic I want to write, so any advice is appreciated.

I turned, my eyes easily adjusting to the sudden change of ambient light between the sunset and the inside of the small dark room I called an office. The room was barren, with a simple wooden desk and chair in the center, flanked by a bookshelf pushed against each wall. All the furniture was older, the wood having a distinctly weathered look to it. I stared coldly at a man opposite me, waiting for him to say something of note.

“Do you understand what you are to do?” His voice was gravelly, but sharp. I closed my eyes, trying not to snap back as I normally would.

“I do.” I replied stiffly, sliding my hands into my cloaks pockets. The man nodded, his silver hair shifting slightly with the movement. He turned to leave, reaching the door of my office before turning back. I could only see the pointed and bottomless orbs that represented his eyes in the shadows.

“Remember…”He cautioned me, “Failure is not an option.” I snorted softly, trying to decide if I was offended or amused by the remark.

“Do not worry.” I whispered, turning to stare at the setting sun once more. “I do not fail.” Behind me, I heard the door open, creaking as it did.

“See that you do not.” Was the almost ghostly reply. I ignored that, and instead just watched the sun set, taking a moment to enjoy the beauty of nature, before I was thrust once again into the crucible of war.

---------------*-------------------

Chapter One:

I landed in one of the smaller towns of Unova, stepping off of Volcarona’s back carefully. I inclined my head to the Pokémon, which promptly took to the skies once again. I shook my head and took in the scenery for a long moment.

I could tell this town, the name forsaking my memory for a moment, was older, and not exactly a center of anything important. However the first thing I noticed was that there was a large group of people gathered around a small hillock in the center of the town. Curiously there were a large number of people gathered there, most of them wearing strange garb. I couldn’t hear what the incredibly odd looking fellow, who wore the oddest clothing I could think of, what appeared to be a medieval cloak in vibrant reds and oranges, surrounded by a bunch of strange fellows, who all dressed like knights from several hundred years ago.

Snippets of the speech drifted my way as I strode pushed my way closer to the speaker. However before I even got to the main crowd, the whole group packed up and left and it took only five or six minutes for the spectators to depart, leaving a strange green haired fellow and a girl, who probably was sixteen or so, wearing short blue shorts, a white tank top with a black vest overtop and a hat with a pink Pokéball on it. I approached the two as the green haired boy called out a Purloin to battle. The girl called out an Oshawatt, which looked a bit uncertain of what was going on.

“Oshawatt, Razor Shell!” The girl called out. I blinked in surprise. The little Pokémon didn’t look anywhere near strong enough to use a powerful move like Razor Shell bit right before my eyes, the small otter pulled the shell off, and creating a blade of water, slashed at the Purloin which couldn’t dodge fast enough to avoid the blow and was knocked back with a cry of pain.

“Purloin, Scratch.” The other trainer’s voice was cool, collected, and without worry despite the fact he was losing the battle. The girl just smirked and ordered the Oshawatt to do the same thing.

I shook my head, as the green haired boy called for his Pokémon to dodge to late. I moved forwards at the Purloin snarled leaping to attack the little otter Pokémon.

“Oshawatt, dodge and use Water Gun!” The girl ordered. Was impressed with her strategy thus far, and with a final strike, the Purloin fell unconscious. The green haired trainer recalled his Pokémon, and then stared intently at the Oshawatt.

“Strange…” He mumbled as I drew closer. “Your Pokémon seems to genuinely like you?” the last part seemed to be as much a question as anything else. The girl blinked owlishly.

“What are you talking about?” She demanded, voicing the question I wasn’t willing to voice myself. “Are you trying to imply that you can understand Pokémon?” I cocked my head; that was a strange take on the way he had said that….but it did make sense. I was surprised neither of the trainers had noticed me yet, but I wasn’t too concerned about it.

“Hm?” The green haired boy looked up. “Oh, yes I can speak with Pokémon, and this one seems to really like you.” He sounded confused. “Either way, I need to be leaving.” And with that, he turned on his heel and left quite abruptly. The girl shook her head and picked up the Oshawatt.

“Strange guy, wonder what his deal was?” She asked the little Pokémon, which shrugged in response. Turning to do something, she finally spotted me. “Hello, can I help you?” I bit back a chuckle; it only took you five minutes or so to realize I was here, and you ask if you can help me? I wondered mentally.

“Nah,” I replied, “I just noticed your battle with that kid a moment ago.” She looked kind of sheepish at my response, although I wasn’t sure why. “It was fairly impressive; few trainers who are just starting out can train Pokémon to use powerful attacks so quickly, or with good strategy.” I told her.

“Um…thanks?” She offered. I laughed, aware that my sudden appearance and goodwill might make her nervous.

“Eh, sorry, I forgot to introduce myself.” I admitted, which drew a smirk of amusement from the girl. “I am Ian Blackwood, a traveling trainer.” That was only part of the truth, and I hoped that no one would ever learn the other part of that very same truth. The girl nodded, seeming to accept my statement.

“Nice to meet you. How did you know I was a beginning trainer?” I chortled, following her as she headed to the Pokémon Center. The Oshawatt in her arms stared at me intensely, which made me feel nervous for some reason.

“Not too many highly experienced trainers will have an Oshawatt as their choice Pokémon.” The door of the Pokémon Center swished open revealing the bleached white interior, with red and pink over some surfaces. The two of us moved over to Nurse Joy who looked somewhat harried for some reason. I removed all six of my Pokéballs, handing them to Nurse Joy will the girl gave the Nurse her Oshawatt to look after.

“Well I guess that makes sense.” She admitted while Nurse Joy took our Pokémon to look after. “So what are you doing in Unova then?” I considered how to answer. Somehow I didn’t think my real answer would go over well.

“Traveling, maybe some battling, but mostly looking.” I replied, which seemed pique her interest.

“Looking for what?” I groaned in my head.

For a mysterious group of criminals that might want to kill you for being a trainer. “Rare Pokémon, interesting people, a good place to take a nap, the usual.” I replied. The girl giggled slightly, at my totally illogical response.

“Your Pokémon at all perfectly healthy.” Nurse Joy. I nodded accepting the six smooth spheres from her. The girl took back her Oshawatt, which hugged her, before she recalled it.

“You do realize you haven’t told me what your name is.” I remarked as the girl followed me out of the Pokémon center. Stopping just outside the building, I clipped my Pokéball’s to my waist, and pulled my coat tighter around myself. “Bloody cold out here.” I mumbled to myself, which amused the girl even further.

“My name is Hilda, and how to do you plan to survive the winter if you think the summers here are cold?” She asked cheekily. I rolled my eyes, and ignored the question, instead following her as she headed towards the gatehouse that led to the woods. “Why are you following me anyways?” She demanded as we entered the fairly standard looking gatehouse, blue walls, brown tile floor, and an electronic display board mounted to right wall.

“You are a starting trainer, and logic would indicate that you will be challenging the gyms, so it would stand to reason that if I want to battle the Gym Leaders in Unova I should follow you, seeing as how I don’t know my way around the region.” Well that last part was a lie…not that she needs to know that. Hilda glared at me, although I wasn’t sure if that was because I was being an ***, or because I was being logical.

“***.” She mumbled. I nodded to myself; there was my answer, as I followed her into the woods.

Firebrand

Indomitable
More Dark Pawn stuff! Yay!

Okay, this scene showcases the two other deified sorcerers from the Patron's pantheon (lost? See my previous post), the Warrior and the Mother. This takes place before the previous scene, when they are still trying to get Claudia to take up the Crown.

What you need to know for background on this scene (for story see earlier post) is that the Mother has spread a plague through Claudia's homeland via magic (and blighted crops), in the hopes that the mass deaths of her countrymen will make her more open to the suggestion of becoming Dark Lady, and curing them to become their savior. The Warrior is taking the nice guy approach, and trying to become Claudia's friend. He's also serving his own agenda in the process, which is why he's doing... what he's doing in this scene.

Basically, I'm posting this because I had a ton of fun writing it and I think it's a good scene. When you write about a clash between two magical, godlike beings, you sort of have no restrictions on what can and cannot happen. So yeah. Here we go, on with the scene.

---

The Warrior circled above the fields and vineyards and slowly closed his eyes. He let the swirling patterns of magic overlay his normal vision of the world, opening all of his senses to its presence. He gazed down, and looked with contempt on the thorny, corrupted mass of the infected fields. The Warrior wove a magical boundary around them to prevent collateral damage.

Then, when it was in place, he swooped out of the sky, fire blossoming around his body. He dove down amongst the grapevines, permeating every little inch of space. Soon, the entire vineyard was engulfed in roaring flames that ate away at the curse’s very essence.

The Warrior rose, watching the fires ravenously consume the tainted fields and stopping at the invisible wards erected around the patch. He folded his arms over his chest and scanned the area below him. Spots of flickering orange marked where he had purged the land of the Mother’s vile plague, though the twisting web of red and green stretched further still.

He took a deep breath, channeling more of the magical energy that coursed through his veins. He dove at the next field, the flames licking up and down his body. An instant before he set the vines ablaze, a dark shape tackled him out of the air. The Warrior tumbled to the ground, where the magic exploded out of him in a fireball. He drew his sword and bared his teeth.

“How dare you!” the Mother shrieked. “This was my magic! You had no right! None!” A flock of crows seemed to buoy her aloft, swirling and convulsing all around her. Her fists were balled, and she was trembling with raw fury. A cruel glint smoldered in her eyes. “Leave while you can, Warrior. I won’t tolerate your interference any longer.”

The Warrior hovered a foot off the ground. “Maybe I don’t like the way you’re going about things.”

“Maybe you think I’m going against your agenda, more like,” the Mother snapped back.

“You’re hurting innocent people!” the young man shouted.

“Innocent people are going to get hurt if that girl doesn’t step up!” The crows shrieked in unison and soared up into the air, carrying the Mother with them. “And if you’re going to stand in my way, I’ll have to remove you!” She thrust her hands outward, making a spray of black lightning arc towards the Warrior.

The Warrior darted out of the way, soaring up into the starry heavens. “Why are you doing this?” he hollered as the lightning followed after him.

“Because you’re wasting time!” the Mother screamed. “And time is not a luxury we have right now! The Darkness needs a champion, and I mean to ensure it has one!” A group of the crows broke off from the main flock and flew at the Warrior, buffeting him with their wings and talons.

The young man curled up, protecting his face. Then, he threw out his arms, summoning all the magic he could. The fire he conjured detonated, burning the crows to ashes in an instant. He moved his hands in a circular motion, drawing storm clouds to Sybalia, with himself as the axis. “Claudia trusts me!” he cried over the noise of the storm. “And I intend to win our wager!” He roared, and thunder boomed in echo. “If it’s a fight you want, it’s a fight you’ll get!” He dove at the Mother, wrapping a curtain of flame around himself.

The Mother snarled and swept out of the way, her dark cloak flaring as she did so. Several of her crows were not so lucky, and they plummeted to the ground, the bodies scorched and burning. The woman summoned the savage fury of the north wind, using that to propel her forward. She collided with the Warrior, and for a moment they grappled high over the fields of Sybalia.

When the Warrior flung her away, the Mother recovered quickly. Two giant shadowy arms shot from beneath her cloak and wrapped around the Warrior’s torso. Though he struggled, he was unable to free himself. The Mother whistled to her remaining crows, and they swept down from above, assailing the young man. The Warrior gritted his teeth and used the winds of his tempest to hurl them away, buying himself time.

Fire blossomed to life along his arms, burning away the shadows that bound him. As he soared up into the thunderheads, the Mother directed her crows to attack him a third time. The Warrior spat and readied his blade. When the birds drew close, he hacked them to pieces, his steel blurring as he moved with a dexterity and skill that only centuries of study and training could impart.

The Mother used the diversion to her advantage, circling behind the Warrior and preparing her next assault. As her opponent turned to confront her again, the Mother held up her right hand. Held between her thumb and index finger was a single seed. The small black pit ruptured and great thorny vines lashed out at the Warrior. The young man roared, and the tempest responded to his will. Winds from every direction buffeted the reaching vines as rain cascaded from the roiling heavens.

The water congealed around the Warrior, and he focused it into two spheres that pooled in his palms. The young man swerved in and out of the vines until he shot out above the Mother’s head. Then, with a shout, he released the force he had gathered. A great pillar of water burst from his hands, forceful enough to send the Mother reeling.

The woman spiraled through the air for a hundred feet before regaining her balance. She pushed her soaking wet hair from her eyes. “What do you say we get serious, eh, Warrior?”

“All right, Mother. Let’s see what you’ve got.”

Then, the two beings released their most powerful magics. The Mother raised her arms upward, and bolts of black lightning descended from the night sky. She caught them in her right hand and hurled them at the Warrior.

The Warrior gathered what power he had remaining to him and released it in a curtain of black and red fire, pulled from the very pits of hell. The two magics collided with a concussive boom and a great cloud of acrid smoke. The two mages were hurled backwards by the sheer force of the explosion.

Both were left completely exhausted. The Mother found the inner strength to glare at the Warrior. “This isn’t over.”

“I’d be almost ashamed if it was.”

The woman gave a feral grin before disappearing into the night. The Warrior sank to the ground, trying to calm his breathing and regain the strength to move. Time was growing short. He would need to make a decisive move. Then, he smiled. He knew just how to shake Claudia, right to the very core.

Shadow Jirachi

These are two random parts for a novelization I've been working on, a parody-ish version of the Johto games, currently called 'Climbing Ledges'. The first is Kris's encounter with Silver, the second a conversation between Kris and Lyra while watching Gold and Silver battle. I'm aware that I spent to long on Kris's description in the former and the quality of description was poor in the latter, but hey, I wrote them on the spot.

First Snippet

Silver looked up the wall he had just ran straight into and scowled.
"How did I manage to walk into a wall, of all things, instead of that pathetic weakling? Maybe I've spent too much time around him. Not that I want to."
Silver's eyes inspected every corner. No sign of the weak idiot.
He had to be around here somewhere; there was a Gym in this area, after all.
"Looking for Goldy-boy, are you?" piped up a voice out of the blue.
Silver spun around, Croconaw's Poké Ball clenched tight in his hand- it was the voice of a Trainer, another idiot Trainer to take down, his instincts told him so.
"I'm the other way, idiot."
He spun around the other way to face the wall, almost crushing the Poké Ball in his grasp. How DARE someone call him an idiot? It wasn't even the wimp! That was the voice of a girl, no less!
His grey eyes hardened, becoming that sort of silver that only came when he was in a mood of some sort.

It was a girl of about his age, sitting on that kind of brick wall that seems to be everywhere just so you can walk right into it, swinging her long, lanky legs to and fro, to and fro, to and fro, in a way that would be almost mesmerizing if you stayed there too long. Her name was Kris, as we know, but he did not yet know this.
One thing he noticed in particular was her hair. How in the name of Mew did it stay up? It defied any laws of gravity that Silver Sakaki had ever known, which was, admittedly, not much, mostly because it had nothing to do with being the strongest or the Champion or being a Pokémon Trainer in general, so he had never been interested. Plus, her hair was blue. That couldn't be natural. Maybe she dyed it.
Oh, and her outfit was outright absurd. Who wears black-and-highlight-yellow bike shorts with a red shirt and white jacket and matching Running Shoes of the same colour scheme? The colours looked atrocious with each other. And that yellow cap she wore looked more like a lacy handkerchief than a hat.
There was not a spot, freckle or beauty mark on her face, somehow. You'd have to wonder how much cream she used. Her eyes had a kind of...shine or twinkle to them. Currently, they looked rather careless, bored even. Yet they also had a bold, daring feel to him. Silver noted that sounded much too poetic for his usual self. This girl was making him feel weird.

"If you're done checking me out, I just might tell you where HE is."
Silver turned redder than his hair, spluttering like mad. He was about to say something, when-
"If the pathetic weakling is commonly known among the masses as Gold Hibiki and he's generally a bit of a hot-blooded guy who's sometimes a softy yet has enough of a temper to create hellfire, than yes, I do know him quite well, and he's off helping my cousin Lyra with something or another I could care less about." said the girl before he could actually utter a single word.
Silver was perturbed by this, but glared menacingly in suspicion at the girl to hide it.
"...Yes, that sounds like the wimp. ...And, how did you know what I was going to say before I said it?"
The girl rolled her eyes. "Oh yes, because I'm a psychic, you know. I can read minds because, it's one of my powers. I also have the ability to see through all lies, enter alternate universes, talk with people who aren't living and make everyone fall in love with me at first sight." A very long silence followed, which ended in Kris scoffing.
"Obviously not, idiot. It's because I know you, and you know me...Silver Sakaki."
"Liar." he spat, and stared into the bemused eyes of the girl. "I've never even met you before. You're just another weakling Trainer for me to pummel on my way to becoming the strongest. If you know that other wimp...it's only natural you'd be like him."

Something very strange happened to the girl's expression. It...didn't seem normal. It was like a cross between an enigmatic smile, a condescending grin and a taunt. Especially the taunt part.

"Are you challenging me?"
Silver laughed harshly. "Why else would I be here?"
The girl's voice got more dangerous.
"You want to challenge me, Kris Marina, the heir to the Marina name, with generations of Water-type masters?"
Whoever this girl was, she wasn't a Water Master of any sort. She couldn't be. Masters don't have an attitude like she does.
"You're no Master. You're just another Trainer."

Kris slipped down from the wall, chucking softly as she carelessly tossed her Poké Ball between her hands.

"Hah- I don't care in the slightest. I'm no Water-type Master. I didn't even pick the Water-type back at Elm's Lab. You, my redheaded thief, chose that little guy."
"Only after you and your idiot of a friend chose the others!" demanded Silver incredulously, furious at this smarmy girl in front of him.
"No problem with admitting you're a thief, eh?"
"Hmph! Not that it matters. You're just another Trainer. A girl, no less."
"Now now now, no need to be sexist. It isn't becoming in the world of Pokémon, not to mention it looks a little rude, don't you think? But I digress. Let's cut the talk. You or me- who's first?"
"Go, Croconaw!"
Kris smirked and quickly glanced down at the Poké Ball that contained her Bayleef. Knocking a bit of sense into this boy seemed like a worthy task.

"Show him a little respect...Megan."

Second Snippet

The two boys looked at each other before bellowing orders to their trusty starter Pokémon; both Kris and Lyra noticed that there was no mistaking the determined glare in their eyes.
The sun beat down, and although neither Trainer noticed the heat, the sun made their eyes glint, Gold's plucky brown eyes turning a faint gold colour, Silver's harsh grey eyes hardening into a silver.
"Ha," mused Kris, "Gold and silver eyes for the two idiots called Gold and Silver...how fitting, huh?"

The battle itself wasn't very exciting; it was just Gold and Silver each giving daggers-looks at each other while shouting orders at their Pokémon. It seemed Gold was winning, as always.
"Wowee, they make an already-awesome battle heat up, huh?" commented Lyra as she wiped a bead of sweat off her face, meanwhile stroking her little Marill, who was hissing unkindly at the Kanto-native Pokémon Silver had just called onto the battlefield.
"No kidding, girlie. You can feel the sexual tension oozing off of them. It's so...belligerent. Yet so...fascinating."
Lyra turned slowly to face her cousin. Her eyes, too, gleamed prettily in the sun.
"Sexual...tension? Hahaha, you're kidding, right? VERY funny, Kris."
"Oh no. Can't you see it? Silv over there is a Tsundere to the highest degree. Goldy there is your typical Shonen hero. It was love at first sight, methinks."
She's kidding, she's kidding, she's kidding, she's kidding, she's kidding, she kiiiiiidding!
"HA. HA. HA. Really funny, Krissy. Now please stop it, you're getting on my nerves just a teensy bit! Hahaha! ...And when did you learn words like 'tsundere' and 'shonen hero'?" said Lyra, sweating bullets at this point.
Kris glanced at her, looking much too serious.
"You know, I don't think Gold will ever fall for anyone else again. Seriously, I really do believe that the heat we;re feeling is really just the pure sexual tension between them. I may be breaking so many rules by saying words like 'sexual tension', considering this is the world of Pokémon, but I'm genuinely perplexed as to why they both haven't ripped off their clothes and-"
"STOP IT! GOLD IS STRAIGHT AS AN ARROW! ...Crystal Marina!

For the first time, Kris did not react to being called her full name. She had a smirk playing on her lips.
"Oh, and I spotted you the other day. You weren't exactly reading 'Leo Yuki's Guide To Pokémon Breeding' were you?"
Kris chuckled and turned away as Lyra's mouth hung open.

Last edited:

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
Darkness surrounds me, making me blind. The scenery is just a hidden obstacle, and the howls and growls around me are probably just illusions, to scare me into submission. Whatever it is that is chasing me, it knows my weaknesses. Darkness, my biggest fear, combined with the sounds of angered creatures on the hunt. I run and stumble continuously, a small rock here, a tree root there. The pain is intense, but I cant stop. Not now. I can't breathe properly, exhausted from the running I've done for the past twenty minutes. I feel lime I'm going to collapse, with nowhere to go, nowhere to hide. Not seeing anything but black makes me blind, and only hearing growls, hisses and howls makes me deaf to the rest of the world. Then I hear It.

The creature hunting me is behind me. It has me trapped wherever it lured me to. The light slowly comes back to the surroundings, but the growling and hissing doesn't fade. I look straight into a stone wall, and turn around. Trapped in a forest in valley, and I've hit the steep climb up. No chance I could climb the valley's edge with my energy. So I stare at the creature watching me, it's intense stare chilling my bones and stealing my sanity. I look around me, the growling creatures everywhere. So they weren't illusions, they were completely real...

A black dog, with grey plates on it's body, and a skull pendant attached around it's neck. It's horns are sharp and long, and it's red patches of fur make it look demonic, which it may as well have been. Next to it is a pack of wolves, reddish-orange-furred, with black jagged stripes covering their bodies. Their beige manes and tails billow in the wind, and their eyes glow red, possessed by the creature after me. And standing in front of the black demon dog is the creature who has been attacking me for hours, with his close sidekicks. The eight minions all stand there, laughing and sharpening their claws maliciously, their purple bodies flickering, their gem-like eyes refracting the small light I saw around me.

Then It hovered there, surrounded by its minions. It approached me slowly, its grey body only being brighter than the scenery thanks to the yellow jagged patterns on it's body, and it's single red eye. As It nears me, I look away, scared and alone. This creature had killed my partner, my best friend, and an old friend of mine. Mercilessly, It watched and laughed, letting the minions do as they please. I escaped due to a damaged rope. I fled, ran as fast as I could, and arrived here. But now, alone against a horde of enemies, I realised the game was well and truly over. It stared down at me, towering over me, laughing. Before I could react, It opened it's gaping maw attached to It's stomach, and prepared to sweep me away into the void. I said silent prayer's to Arceus, and as I felt a huge gravity pull on me, I heard a small voice echo through my mind.

Do not worry, it said.

You will be saved.

I've gots one: this one might contain sexism.

From the corner of my eye, I could see that same girl, coming from the hallway. However, Gothitelle came out in a somewhat different garment than before. She wore the same black shirt; however her pants were looser, more causal-looking than before. She went over to the table to grab herself something to drink. At that time, I was thinking to myself: is she going to bring back my paper? Also, I hope she knows that the battle meeting was about to begin, and that I was in charge of keeping an eye on everyone.

“So, what were you guys talking about?” she asked as she was sipping her apple juice.

“The battle meeting, which it’s guys only,” I said carefully. “Except for me because Latios said that I could be in on the conversation. He told me that the girls had to be out. This means, you gotta go…”

“Ah, Palkia I think you are just too adorable,” the older woman chuckled as she came closer to me. “Bossing me around in my house? Yeah, very cute.”

As I could hear Vanilluxe laughing, my anger started to spike. I wasn’t trying to be cute; I was only trying to enforce Latios’ rules. I mean, he put me in charge while he was gone. And just who does Gothitelle think she is? Just because she’s better than me at a lot of things doesn’t mean that she had a right to mock me or not even listen to me. She’s lucky that Dialga was here, calming me down by rubbing my back. He could tell if I was angry or not.

“My goal was not to mock you, Palkia. If it seemed like I did, then I apologize,” Gothitelle said as she appeared to be reading my facial expressions. “It just bothered me that you were telling me to get out of my own dining room. I can see that you are covering for Latios at the moment, but still, this is my house.”

Realizing her apology, I shook my head as a motion that I have accepted it. I couldn’t stay mad at her forever. She was nice unlike some people. Also, she was here to give me advice on how to become stronger.

“Will you be able to give me advice soon?” I asked.

“Yes, I will. When you are done whatever tasks Latios asks you to do, come see me in my office,” the older woman explained. “I do have to ask, how would listening to a bunch of guys talk about battling and Latios’ views on your traits help you become stronger? No offense to the guys, I was just wondering how this would help.”

“Ironically, this was the question I was going to ask,” Haxorus started to say as he chuckled.

The other guys started to join in as well. I guess most of them were wondering the same thing. I was starting to wonder as well, however Latios was a strong battler trying to give me some advice on how to be stronger. I mean if this is coming from someone from the top five on the list, then this method of approach should work. Of course, many battlers have different methods for becoming stronger.

“Well… you know people do have different strategies for teaching,” I said while I blushed. “Dialga is going to help me by reading a book about my powers later on.”

“Hey! Funny you mention spatial manipulation,” Gothitelle started to whisper. “Between you and me, I’ve wanted to talk to you about that as well. If possible, Dialga can come as well. Anyway, I have to go outside.”

As she left out the front door, I couldn’t stop thinking: What does Gothitelle know about space powers? Unless… she’s going to say that she has them or she has some type of connection with space. Or she might tell me some tips on how Dialga could teach me these powers. Either way, I’m looking forward to this conversation. Maybe she could also make me feel better about my powers. I am actually looking forward to the rest of the day; there was so much to learn from this experience.

“I’m very proud of you, Palkia,” Dialga started to say as he rubbed my back in a calming manner. “I like how you are trying to figure out the path of strength on your own. And I heard that you handled Latios on your own as well. Well done, Palks.”

diamondpearl876

Wrote this and posted on Tumblr. Have something different--it's original poetry.

ten things i'll never say to you;

10. I remember when we planned to tell our parents we were going to adopt a puppy and then we would come back with a kitten instead. Why didn’t we do that?

9. I have always dreamed of walking into a room with several clocks hanging from the ceiling, all of which would tell me they were you were endless.

8. All the broken mirrors in the house were broken so you would stop carrying around that gun at four in the ****ing morning. I would say that I did it, but that little girl is gone.

7. In some countries they say that coffee is as black as hell, as strong as death, and as sweet as love. I think that’s why you drank it—even if the smell made you sick.

6. Introducing you to guys was always a pain, since you said it’d never work, and of course you wouldn’t listen to me when I said that the relationship not working was guaranteed if the two of you never met.

5. You were late when you were born, and you were late to everything in your life. I just grew accustomed to dealing with it, and I was the only one who understood that it gave you something to look forward to for just a bit longer.

4. You learn more if you don’t knock on the door.

3. Is it still okay to ponder about things like why our mother always smelled like dog food?

2. Your favorite game was Monopoly. It’s ironic, now—the car piece was your favorite, because it could crash at any time, just like you.

1. I love you like the last of dying days.

flameswy

Lord of Light
The noises of the crowd have all but faded now, and he nearly weeps then and their. But no, the other dragging him has no mercy left in his soul, no compassion. The mob with their fire and pitchforks could have be persuaded to let him go, he was sure. none of them were sure of anything. the mans suit rips on a tree branch, and he gasps as it slices his skin, but does not stop stumbling along with his captor. the man dragging him by his collar was a very normal man, a very common man. he had medium length brown hair, he was average tall and had an average voice. he was wearing common brown clothes, with a plain brown shapeless hat. there was nothing only only thing about this man that made him any different from any other confused and bewildered villager back at the forests edge. this mans heart burned a deep black with hate.

He could see it every time the man looked down at him to drag him forward, dirtying his suit and scraping his skin on the forests roots. there were no animals out tonight he realized, looking about terrified. there were no owls hooting, no bugs buzzing. the silence would be complete if it wasn't for the man dragging him deeper and deeper into the darkness.

and then suddenly, the man stopped. shaking, the man on the ground tried to crawl away, but he was roughly jerked to his feet, and slammed against a tall branch less tree. what was left of his trench coat flapped a little, bleakly as though begging for wind, anything to dispel the musty dryness of the forest. it was hard to even breath this deep in, and between near sobbing and choking the man could not talk.

The one holding him ups lip curled in disgust, and he grabbed the ropes which where already partially tied to the tree. he wrapped them around the weakened and bewildered man, tighter and tighter, till he was sure the other mans bones were nearly breaking. he tied his body to the tree, and his feet to the ground, with stones wrapped around them.

"Theres no sea here, you **** bag. Be glad for that."

He spat at the bound man, and it splattered thickly on the mans face, who was just now catching his breath.

"Wha, wha, what are you doing?! You cant just leave me here..."

He squirmed frantically against the ropes, horror lending his limbs strength. nothing. the ropes were as tight as the lips of a mute man, and as cruel as the whip of a slave. the normal turned and left the thicket silently, heading back tot he mob.

The bound man let his head sag to his chest, bald dome reflecting the moons pale night. he looked up after a moment at the trees around him. at the skeletons hanging from each, pulled apart by the years.

our kind does not die easily...

he mused, as he swallowed in fear. there had to be a way out of this. there had to be. even if it took him thousands of years, he would do it.

~~~~~~~~

Points to who ever gets what this is based off.

xD

Last edited:

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
It’s been a while since the last post, and I was hoping that this would revive the thread. I have permission from bobandbill to bump this thread and that permission goes to all people who might want to bump this in the future.
This scene is related to my other three on this thread, so you might want to see those if this to make any sense.
I realize it’s a little long, but I couldn’t stop writing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Warning: Radiation levels unsafe. Hazard teams report to: Sectors One, Two, Three, Four, Thirty-Three, Fourty-Five, Eleven, Nine-Nine-Nine-Nine-Nine-BZT!” the announcement system said, it’s emotionless female voice echoing in the burning corridors and chambers of Level Seventeen.

John wiped his sweating brow with his sleeve, as he and the strange scientist he met a few moments ago dragged his unconscious captain across the deserted hallway.

He suddenly let go of his captain and reached for his pistol. Another roar, nearer then the last one, shook the concrete passage. After a moment of agonizing silence, John slowly holstered his gun.

“I hate this! If they’re going to attack, why don’t they just show themselves already!?” the security guard growled as he took a hold of Toron again.

“Be careful what you wish for, because down here it just might come true,” the scientist to his left muttered.

“Nice of you to actually speak up, no-name. I was wondering if you could actually say more then five words,” John said as a far off explosion rumbled through the concrete.

“My name is none of your concern. I think surviving should be the only thing you’re wondering about. Now please, help me drag your captain to the medical station ahead. The sooner he wakes up, the sooner we won’t have to carry him.” The scientist huffed as John grabbed Toron again and double-timed it down the hallway.

Once behind the steel bulkhead of the Level Seventeen medical center, John felt safer then he had in a long time.
They laid Toron on one of the examination tables, careful not to step on the bloodied bodies of the medical personal that littered the place.

No-Name then booted up one of the computers that wasn’t covered in a coat of dried blood and began typing commands into the interface.
After a few minutes of furious typing, the scientist finally screamed an explicative in frustration.

“Now, now, don’t get upset. You might attract the beasties.” John said, poking fun at the other man while he reloaded his pistol with a full magazine he picked up off one of his fallen comrades.
No-Name has balanced at how calmly the guard was going through all of this. He just picked up ammo from someone’s body without a second thought, how is he not the least bit horrified? The scientist thought as he tried typing yet another access code into the uncooperating computer.

Suddenly the error screen on the computer changed to black. A single message typed itself out near the top of the screen.
Hello? Is anyone there? Can you please help me get out of here? It’s cramped and dark in here, no one has cleaned out the hard drive in a while.

“You-guard, come look at this!” the scientist shouted, John lowered his gun and ran over to his companion.

“What is it? That computer tell you that the room’s going to explode?” John asked as he glanced at the screen.

“No, nothing like that. Just look,” the researcher ordered while typing a response.

I’m Dr. Daniel Thomson, Senior Developer in the Dimensional Anomalies Department. What do you mean? Are you another scientist down here with us?

“Well, Dan, now I can stop calling you ‘No-Name’. Now, who’s this guy you’re talking with?” John asked as Daniel waited for the strange messenger to reply.

I-It’s one of you! Oh, please don’t delete me! I haven’t done anything, I was just wandering around and suddenly I’m trapped in this console. Can you please export my file?

The two men were silent as they read the reply, slowly, Daniel typed out another message.

What are you? If this is some sort of joke, let me say: It is NOT funny. Explain yourself.

I promise I will explain everything as soon as I’m out of here, it takes up so much memory space to even type up this conversation. Please, just export my file and I’ll tell you anything you want!!!!

“Wait. We don’t know what this thing wants. For all we know, as soon as we export the thing, it’ll kill us,” John warned as Daniel typed out a reply.

Alright, we’ll do it. But try anything funny and you’ll be introduced to the company firewall. Got it? Now, release the lockdown you’ve put on the computer and pull up your file.

Daniel wasn’t sure what was going to happen once he did what this thing wanted, but he didn’t feel any evil from whatever this thing was.

Lockdown lifted, I’m pulling up my file. Please don’t delete me, I beg you.

I’m going to run a medical program while I export your file. We have a injured personal. Don’t be alarmed.

“Dan, I don’t know about this,” John said as Daniel initiated the medical program.
A large mechanical arm with a scanner on the end of it moved over Toron. A pulsing, blue light on the end of it showed that it was working.
The scientist clicked on the file, and with a few more clicks, started the export program.

I can feel it starting. It’s pulling me, oh Arceus help!!!! AHHHHHHH-- the computer creature messaged before the file was transferred.

The USB terminal glowed a bright white as the computer hummed as it moved the massive program out of its system. The monitor blinked out and the system shuddered as the light in the port enveloped the room. Daniel stumbled back from the computer as John cursed and drew his pistol.

When the light receded, John checked the room for any abnormalities. The computer was running normally, there were still dead bodies on the floor, he was still in this God-forsaken Level. Everything normal, except for the floating pink and blue bird in the middle of the room.

The two men stared at the strange creature, it’s one of them! they both thought simultaneously.
The creature, however did not notice the two humans, or that one of them a its weapon trained on it. It just whirled around the room in happiness.

“Well? Should I shoot it?” John asked, his finger on the trigger as he aimed at the small, rounded creature.

“No, don’t. Not yet,” Daniel said as he cautiously approached the creature.

“Oh hi! Were you the ones who freed me? If you are, thanks!” the creature said, cheerfully. Daniel froze, while John pulled the trigger of his gun involuntarily. The bullet hit the floor right beside the creature.

“Demon! It talks!” Daniel screamed as the creature deftly darted from side to side, avoiding each and every one of John’s bullets.

Once the security guard had exhausted his supply of bullets, the creature stopped.

“Umm, why would I not be able to talk? I’m a fully functioning Porygon2 and I have no errors in my programming that would prohibit me from doing so. Now, it you two would be so kind as to tell me the name of this mystery dungeon so I might be able to send for a rescue team?”

“What’s a mystery dungeon?” Daniel asked as the door medical device scanning Toron started to beep erratically as the captain’s pulse flat lined.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, there. Now, go and fill this thread with scenes again!

Knightfall signing off …;005;

Last edited:
yayy thread revival!

---

The wind had started to pick up as snow dust was filling the air. Petrel came out of the convenience store with his friends and his girlfriend in tow. His arm was wrapped tightly around the pink haired girl as he was trying to keep her extra warm from his body heat. His aqua haired friend was also trying to do the same with his girl, keeping her close to him to keep her warm. As Petrel was beginning to walk away from the store, he felt something hard beneath his foot.

He then bent down to see that he stepped on a Pokeball that was almost buried in the snow. Petrel smiled as he picked up the ball from the ground and pressed the button. A flash of light came from the ball as a small object in the shape of a star was reviled. In his hand was a small shiny gold star that was thick and lightweight. When Petrel stood up on the ground, his friend gasped when he layed eyes on the object.

“Dude, is that a max revive?!” the young man asked. “Let me have it!”

As he was figuring out what to do with the item, he looked straight ahead at the rest area. On one of the benches, he saw that same woman he encountered earlier. Her red hair was fluttering in the wind as she was playing with the edge of her plaid skirt. Ariana looked pretty upset as she seemed to have had her head down the whole time. ‘You know, she didn’t get a reward to saving that girl…’ thought Petrel as he suddenly figured out what to do with the max revive. ‘She looks upset, maybe this will cheer her up.’

“You know Proton, I’d love to but, there’s someone else who deserves this more than we do,” the older man said as he started to walk towards the rest area. “Follow me; I’d like you to meet her.”

The others followed as Petrel presumed to look both ways and then cross the street. As he approached her bench, Ariana proceeded to look up when she heard footsteps coming her way. She gave the pink haired man a small smile as he proceeded to sit down beside her, putting his hand on her back. Everyone else started to gather around him as well.

“Hey, I’d like to give you this for helping me out,” Petrel said as he gave her the max revive.

She took the item from his hand and looked at it pretty weirdly. When she was done fidgeting with the star, she looked at him once again with a confused expression.

“That’s a max revive,” the pink haired man explained. “I saw it on the ground and since you helped me, I thought I’d give it to you.”

“Thanks. That was so sweet of you…” Ariana said as she smiled at him. “Hey! Now that you are here, maybe you can help me identify an item that was given to me. Mars and her boyfriend came here again and gave me this…”

She reached into her black purse and took out a light brown container. It was a small container with a small handle on the side and filled with a green liquid. While Proton snickered under his breath, Petrel closely eyed the item until he finally figured out what it was. Before he could explain what the item was, he used his arm to jab the aqua haired boy in the arm as a motion for him to stop laughing.

“That’s a full restore,” Petrel said. “It’s like a max potion however this also heals your Pokemon’s status problems.”

“Oh, okay now I see,” the red headed girl started to say. “Thanks. So… are you and Proton are still friends or are you more so now than before?”

Proton suddenly raised an eyebrow when she mentioned his name. He gave the girl a straight face as he straightened his yellow trimmed collar. He didn’t have a nametag on him or any other identification method on his person. So how this girl knew him was indeed a mystery.

“Wait! How the hell do you know my name?!” Proton asked in a standoffish tone. “I don’t know you…”

Ariana nearly jumped at the boy’s question. His tone scared her quite a bit as she was trying her best to hold back tears while answering him. “Y-you don’t remember? We were on the same team two years ago. I was an interim boss in place of Giovanni…”

“Nah, I think you’re lying,” the boy snapped. “Sorry, girly but I don’t remember anyone filling in for Giovanni. Petrel! Do you know her and do you know of anyone filling in for the boss?”

“Proton, your cruelty needs to learn boundaries,” Petrel said in a stern voice. “Anyway, her name sounds familiar to me and I do remember an interim boss but at the same time, she escapes my memory. So I cannot say that I do or do not know her.”

During the conversation, tears started to well up in her eyes and flow down her face. Her face was also beginning to turn red as she felt her temperature rise internally. Ariana had never felt more embarrassed in her life. She used to be such a high ranking executive for Team Rocket, and now two years later, the two guys she used to give orders to don’t even remember her. Yet, they remember each other so it seems. ‘Gee, I wish I was important enough to remember or even be considerate to!’ she thought as she had her head down. At this point, all she wanted to do was run into Archer’s arms in hopes that he would remember her and make it all better.

“Petrel, thank you for the item,” Ariana sniffled as she got up from the bench. “Please give that note to Archer, please.

With that Ariana walked away while holding her bag up to her chest. Off to another place where she’d hope to meet someone else, hopefully in the night hours.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yaaay, it's back! I miss this thread, I think that explains why I was unable to write a lot. This thread really did help me. Anyhoo, thanks for deciding to bump this back up, Knightfall, and that was a sadistically funny scene. I shouldn't be laughing, but yeah XD.

Anyhoo... I guess I'll go ahead and post this scene, even though it's part of a one-shot that's not finished yet. Besides, you all probably miss my little posts, and it's delicious to boot ;P. And it'll make me go ahead and start writing right now, since I'm free the whole afternoon.

Let us go on a date tomorrow.

Mew lifted her head to look over her shoulder, past the thin steam of the bath water. Mewtwo wasn't anywhere near from what she could see of the bed, guessing he was just right around the corner by the window. “I don't think I heard you correctly,” she fibbed, cracking a smirk. “Care to repeat that?”

We should go on a date tomorrow,” he repeated, a smile in his voice. “Only problem is I cannot decide where to go.

She giggled a little, returning to her relaxed state. “Then what's the whole point on going if you don't know where to go?”

Mewtwo quietly laughed. “Well, I have an idea or two, but I would like your consent on it.

Mew lazily waved a hand, the warm bath drawing her back into drowsiness. “Lay it on me.”

It took several seconds before he spoke—unless she had spaced out during that time and just caught the last part of his sentence. “I am thinking of either hiking, or having a picnic.

An ear flicked, piquing her interest and waking her up a little more. “We could hike and have a picnic,” she rectified, “though honestly, I prefer camping over hiking.” She grinned to herself before sighing, stirring her fingers along the water's surface. “But of course, the weather isn't too great for either of those right now.”

It had been an unusually wet summer for the past year, leaving the long days humid for the most part, and there were many sticky and stormy nights that left them sleepless. Some of the neighbors didn't seem to notice or they expressed positive feelings on how it felt. But they, as she noted, weren't covered in fur like she, Mewtwo and several others were. And then there was the issue of their homes not having great ventilation, something the males had been working on trying to fix—without much success. Not even her mate was having luck, sometimes cursing himself for not planning the structure well enough.

Mew jerked when she slipped in her seat, leaving her slightly disoriented. Wiping the developing sweat from her brow, she forced herself to get up and crack open the window above to release some steam. She managed to catch Mewtwo's next statement as she sat back down. “We will save those for another time, then. I am taking interest in the camping decision, however.” There was a distinct seductive purr in the last sentence.

“You keep that attitude up, Mewtwo, and I'm going to question our relationship,” she shot a tease, unable to fight off a smile.

The floorboards creaked for a moment to alert her of his incoming approach. She scrunched her eyes shut while holding back a laugh, though she couldn't help but glance up at him when he paused at her side. He gazed lovingly down at her, carefully sitting himself next to the basin. Her left hand raised up in an open gesture, to which he intertwined fingers with her in response. “Camping sounds great, dear,” he whispered, a smile on his lips. “We shall leave next week.” When she opened her mouth, he raised a finger for silence. “Even though it is muggy down here, up in the mountains, it is green and cool.

“I wasn't going to comment on that, Mewtwo,” she said. “I was going to say that we need to prepare ourselves for the camping trip into next week, possibly longer. We don't have even half of the supplies needed for camping. And we also need to know where it is we are to set up.”

Alright then, two weeks from now it is.” He kissed her lips gently before she could add to it. “Thank you for bringing it up.

Waving away her petty complaints, she slightly blushed and leaned her head against his. “Our first camp-out together,” she sighed, almost dreamily. “I wonder if it will be like old times.”

We were never romantically involved at the time.

Mew gave him a little unamused look. “Really, Mewtwo?”

He threw his hands up before him in defense. “I did not mean it in that way, dear. I was just only pointing it out that had we camped together at least once before, it would have been disastrous.

After a small stare down, she took in a breath before sinking a little bit further into the water, folding her arms. “Well, anyway... I'm looking forward to it. It's always nice to get out of the house once in a while. Especially since we...” She trailed off to chew on her lip a little, her eyes softening.

Mewtwo knew what she was talking about. While it was nothing new, he couldn't help but wonder if baby-sitting aided in giving her such ingrained thoughts of desire. There were those nights she came home in a dream-like state, though rarely was she depressed about it.

Mew squirmed when he climbed into the tub, holding tight to herself and straightening up. “Honey, don't do that,” she breathed out with a small frown. “I'm almost done anyway, and then you can have your turn.”

Is there a law that states I am not allowed to bathe with my own mate?

She glanced down at the water level, then eyed their bathtub. “No... but this isn't the best cuddling spot. I figure you know this already, you never seem to ever relax in here. You always wash up fairly quickly, I have noticed.”

Which is why we need a bigger bath.

The feline knocked once on the wooden side absentmindedly. “I know, Mewtwo, but we have to work with what we got, like we have been ever since we moved here. I'm still trying to find out where or how the others get their bathtubs, honest. Besides, this old thing still holds pretty well.”

Just so you know, I have debated whether or not to steal one from a human community.

Mew rolled her eyes disapprovingly. “We're not that desperate, dear.”

Chuckling, he took her into his arms and slid in where she was. The feline snuggled into his chest, gently skimming her fingertips along his pelt. Stroking her back, he bumped his muzzle to her temple. “Never be afraid to ask me anything,” he murmured, feeling her inhale sharply. “If you desire it, I shall get it for you.

Mew swallowed a little, lifting her head to meet his gaze. “I know, Mewtwo...”

With a small smile, Mewtwo tenderly closed the gap, savoring the breaths she expelled between their lips. When he slipped to her neck, she tilted her head down, a blush burning on her cheeks. “U-Um... should we do it here? There's not enough room, for starters... and I don't think water is safe. And I'm... clean and wet.” She reached out to grasp the wooden edge when he nipped skin, feeling it was becoming a losing battle. “Mewtwo... I don't think this will handle such activity.”

A laugh rumbled in his throat. “Between the two of us, I believe you have the more 'questioning' thoughts.

She flustered. “I-It's not my fault! Since when have I come on to you?

His brow rose, a smirk quirking on his lips as he met her gaze. “Need I have to remind you of a certain... event?

Despite the fuzzy memory, her blush darkened. “That wasn't my fault either!”

Laughing some more, he dipped her head back and kissed her deeply, which she hesitated to return, but gave in when she couldn't think of reasons not to. Without breaking away, Mewtwo flipped around so her back could press up against the wood, reveling in her small gasps. “You're lucky you're charming, Mewtwo,” she murmured into his lips, “always keeping me on my toes...” He steadied her by the neck when he pecked his way across her collarbone. “...always so eager to show off, it seems... I swear I would've given up on you long ago.”

His violet eyes darted up. “I hope you are joking, Mew.

“Ah, I don't know anymore.” A small smile spreading across her face, she blindly reached out to graze her fingers along the top of his head. “Always so persistent... but you always win my heart first before you do. I feel I should know you by now, you just surprise me at times.” Her eyes opened half-way to dreamily meet his gaze. “It's such a strange feeling, you know?”

Mewtwo shot up to crush his lips to hers in agreement, gripping her shoulders. “It is the same here, Mew...” One of his hands dropped down further.

Mew tensed, sharply drawing in a breath. “Ohh... w-warn me next time, hon... ah...”

I have to keep you on your toes, dear.

“That's not funny, Mewtwo,” she breathed out in what she hoped was a mild tone before he passionately kissed her mouth again. She melted into his hold, seizing his figure.

A couple who was out for a walk stared at the thinning steam pouring from the window, unintentionally slowing down. “You're hearing that, right?” the male on the right inquired his smaller companion of the audible gasps. He didn't wait for a response. “They sound like those kinds of neighbors.”

For a few moments, she was silent while her ears pricked up at the sounds of water sloshing, her eyes lightening in awe at the quickening pace. It wasn't until they passed the yard did she face the front and grumble to no one in particular, “How is it we are never satisfied for a whole hour, yet they are within a minute?”

*giggly face*

Knightfall

Blazing Wordsmith
Again, it seems it's been a long while since the last post, but, I guess that is the beauty of having the ability to revive this thread. I really hope it stays open this time...

Anyways, not a new scene, but rather an updated version of the first scene I posted here over a year ago. I think that it shows a lot of improvement.

As he struggled to stand amid the destruction, he looked out into the great, ruined chamber.
The machine, the titanic marvel of modern science that once stood tall and proud against the laws of nature, was now replaced by a blinding, vertical fissure that glowed with a radiant, white energy. Blue flames engulfed the chamber as the tear in the fabric of space burned through reality like a cheap cotton rag.

The man slowly stood amid the smoking carcasses of his naive co-workers that littered the now-inoperable observation deck. He pushed his cracked glasses further up on the bridge of his nose as he tried to keep himself from breaking into hysteria. Shielding his eyes, he took a tentative step forward towards the anomaly their experiment had wrought.

He cringed as he felt his worn-yet-reliable leather work shoes step on something both squishy and crunchy. He glanced down and tried to resist the sudden urge to vomit. It was Charles, or, at least what was left of him. The new intern from MIT's face was completely vaporized; only the semi-melted name tag on his lapel confirmed the identity of the arm the man had just crushed.

The man took a deep breath as he averted his eyes from the grisly scene, and the other similar bodies that were strewn about the room. He looked straight ahead at the partly shattered window, though he immediately wished he had remained with Charles's remains.

A gargantuan tremor shook the chamber and the science facility above it, causing fragments of metal ceiling support beams to snap from their wielded holds and come crashing to the ground while a demonic wail resonated from the center of the torn folds of reality.

The battered scientist watched in silence as the portal warped and nearly inverted on itself as a wave of electric blue energy twisted through the walls. And then, he saw it. The creature. The very air around it seemed to shriek in agony as the unholy organism was wrenched into Earth from its own dimension.

Orange scales and claws that seemed like could rend through a human spine in two seconds flat greeted the entranced scientist as it swooped down from the inter-dimensional gate on two giant wings on its back. It reappeared directly in front of him, its dragon-esque head looked at him and opened a large set of jaws that served as a mouth.

The fear that had been holding the man firmly in place the entire time dissipated along with the remainder of the contents of his bladder as he was knocked to the ground by the dragon's tremendous roar.

It eyed the destroyed computers and bloodied white lab coats of the scientists, before its nostrils flared as it smelled living flesh. It roared again as it smashed through the window of the observation deck with a single swipe of its claws. Glass rained down upon the panicked scientist as he began to crawl on his hands through the smoldering bodies. The dragon swung its flaming tail through the remainder of the glass and crawled into the deck. Sparks and smoke hissed from its mouth as it advanced toward the researcher on the ground covered in the blood of others.

The man did not believe what he was seeing, despite it being only a meter away from chomping his face off with its massive jaws. His survival instincts kicked in at long last, fighting through his formal education of theoretical astrophysics just in time to keep him from getting fried as the orange dragon let out a jet of fire towards him. The scientist crouched behind an overturned metal desk as the flames torched the other side; he felt the heat burn against his back through the surface as the computers and keyboards melted.

When the dragon was finished with its display of power, the man summoned his courage and sprinted to the thick metal blast door which separated the observation deck from the rest of the facility.
Sweat was dripping from every pore on his body as he tried to get his shaking hands to grip the singed lever on the wall. Not even looking behind him for fear that he would freeze again, he remained focused as he finally was able to wrench it down, opening the blackened door with a screech.

The dragon let out another roar; it flapped its wings and flew across the broken room at the man.
The scientist dashed through the open door with adrenaline fueled speed. Once he was safely on the other side, he slammed the button on the wall, closing the door. The door panels sparked and slowly slid across their tracks in the floor towards each other.

Within that very same second, the scientist winced as he felt the force of the creature slamming into the thick blast door. Through the layers of reinforced steel he heard the bones in the dragon's skull shatter and collapse inwards while also hearing its first three vertebrae snap and crunch.

His heart racing like never before, he looked around the corridor. Then he saw it, painted on the wall in red letters above an equally red telephone, the word “Security”.

The passage around him shuddered, a hellish chorus of roars entered the air from all around him, even the levels above him The man didn’t wait any longer, he dashed down the hallway and grabbed the phone off the hook. Breathing hard, he punched in the code on the number pad as the floor beneath him shook even more furiously.

A voice on the other end picked up and asked him what the problem was. The scientist never got a chance to answer as a blood-curdling screech pierced the recycled air of the facility and the ceiling of the hallway caved in just behind him. A very large snake made out of solid steel slithered through the rubble and stared directly at him. His hands went numb as he dropped the still-live telephone and ran for his life down the opposite path.

The bright ceiling lights suddenly flashed red, and the facility wide announcement system blared in alarm. The man could hear rapid bursts of high-caliber gunfire from through the vents as similar happenings instantly repeated themselves across the research facility.

Violence was the only option he had to fix their collective mistake. He had to keep these creatures from escaping into the world above.

Knightfall signing off... ;005;

ChloboShoka

Writer
A scene in progress for the new and probably last chapter of my Blissey fic.

Augustine Sycamore used to work as a health care assistant here when I started working here. He was studying evolution at university and he was here for quite a while. He left to start his new job in Kalos. It's been eight years since we've last met and his face is like a breath of fresh air. One would expect it to be a happy situation, but the circumstances are not so sweet.

Augustine had just walked out of the morgue with a female friend. She was a tall, slim and modest looking lady with dark hair. She was carrying a little ralts in her arms. By the looks of it, they were sharing their grief together. That Gardevoir who died from a complication of AIDS and being hacked belonged to Augustine's friend. He told me that he had no desire to return to Sinnoh until he heard the news.

"I'm very sorry about your Gardevoir," I told the lady. I didn't know her name, as it was the first time we ever met. But I was assuming the ralts in the lady's arm was a child of the diseased.

"When I heard the news I was shocked," Augustine admitted. "I will never understand why some people are horrible to pokemon. I have some sources that a gang in Kalos are behind some of the pokemon prostitution rings."

"Who do you think is doing this then?" I asked. I had a feeling that they were going to say that Team Rocket were behind the prostitution rings. It wouldn't surprise me if it was true. But Augustine said it was a gang from Kalos: Team Rocket's head quarters are in Kanto.

"Team Flare," Augustine replied. "They want to make a beautiful world."

"By stealing pokemon and using them as prostitutes?" I asked.

"I'm afraid so," Augustine murmured. "But I think they're doing much more than that. But Matron... I would like to introduce you to somebody. This is my friend Diantha."

"Nice to meet you," Diantha said.

"So what are Team Flare doing?" I asked. "Are they another Team Rocket Clone?"

"You could say that," Augustine replied.

"I'm certain that a special someone will defeat them for good," Diantha said.

"So what do you want me to do?" I asked. If it's all happening in Kalos, then I can't do much in Sinnoh. It would look really bad if the matron in charge leaves the ward when there are two league champions desperately wanting their pokemon to be saved. He can't expect me to run away with him.

Augustine smiled. "I need you to keep up with the good work."

"Believe me I will!"

"I would be just as bad as them if I sought revenge," Diantha said. She sighed and looked down on Ralts. "Maybe some day I'll be good enough to be a pokemon champion." The thought made both Augustine and Diantha smile.

"How are you going to take down Team Flare?" I asked Augustine before looking up to Diantha. "How are you going to be the champion." They've got great ambitions, but their occupations require a lot of physical and social activity. They're going to be really short on time.

"I've already chosen four children in Vaniville Town," Augustine said. "They haven't got their trainer licences yet, but they have just the right traits that I'm looking for."

"But Augustine..." It was time to be realistic. "I don't think it's very sensible to allow young children to take on a prostitution ring."

"Now Matron," Augustine seemed pretty determined with his plan. "Many villainous gangs have disbanded because of trainer's dedication to pokemon."

"That is not the point," I snapped. "It's still dangerous. If the children got killed or were seriously injured you could be sued."

"It's gonna be fine," Augustine said. "Because Team Flare will go down."

His confidence nerved me.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Wow, has it really been a year since I was last here o_o?

Anyway a scene/chapter of a story I've actually had in the works for a long time that I've rediscovered and felt like I should fix it up as a later story. It was apparently originally conceived as one of those "alphabet challenges", but I think that'll be more of an "in name only" thing judging from what I'm planning to do with it.

Anyhoo, might as well slap this on since this thread is basically "free" advertising anyway since this is more-or-less the "beta" version than anything.

*~*~*

He wasn't in a good mood today, Mew could see that. He sat at the riverbank, staring into the current with thoughtful, piercing eyes, trying to tune out his surroundings. His tail occasionally thumped the ground, but no other movement was made from his statuary state. It was apparent Mewtwo didn't want to be disturbed, but his counterpart was bored, wanting to play. He was giving off vibes of negative energy, but she didn't let it bother her. She was used to it.

Forming a translucent rosy bubble next to the him, the tiny feline lowered herself to it, steadying her seat when it wavered. She looked into the waters, attempting to see if Mewtwo was staring at anything significant. His reflected eyes darted over to her, a scowl present on his face. She pretended not to notice.

Go away, Mew,” he grumbled. “I am not in the mood to tolerate you at the moment.

She only smiled, turning to the real Mewtwo sitting by her, gaze narrowed sharply. “I know. That's why I'm here.”

He gave a small snort at her response. “You are here to irk me to no end, are you?

“No. Why would I?”

Tilting his head to the side, he glanced back into the river, moving his hand to rest against his cheek. “Do not play pretend with me, I know your schedule,” and he started to recite almost to an inaudible beat, “wake up, eat, play, annoy Mewtwo, nap, eat, annoy Mewtwo some more, sleep.” He rolled his eyes. “Face it, Mew, you need a new hobby.

Mew leaned back against her bubble, turning her attention to the clouds. “I like my hobbies. They're productive, unlike yours.” She gave a small smirk as she listed in the same pattern, “Wake up, stare over city, travel, stop and think, angst, snack, think some more, stare at moon. Need I go on?”

A small growl vibrated in Mewtwo's throat. “I let you live your life, I do not need your judgment on mine.

She wrinkled her nose a little. “You skip breakfast a lot. That's not healthy.”

You take long naps, and you are giving me health advice?

“You just have no self-esteem.”

May I remind you that you eat more than your body weight?

“Stick-figures have more depth than you.”

It is not my fault,” came the snap as the clone shot up, glowering down at her. “My metabolism levels are abnormal within itself, that no matter how much I eat, I maintain my figure for longer periods than most other creatures.

She cocked an eyebrow at him, an amused expression on her petite face. “You are a natural super-model, no matter what you say.”

A faint flush appeared on his face, and Mewtwo hardened his glare, fists clenching tightly. “You dare compare me to a human, Mew, and a false one at that?

“I never said you were a human, Mewtwo,” Mew countered, staring back unflinchingly. She was used to his many outbursts and verbal abuse, but knew them well enough she had to pick words out carefully to avoid conflict. (The last time she overlooked it, Celebi had to be called in to regrow half a forest overnight.) “I'm just saying, you're one of those beings who could never gain or lose an ounce of weight despite their diet. And honestly, I envy those people.” Her voice dropped to a mutter. “I'm always watching my weight.”

I do not give a damn what your weight is, let alone your concerns about my eating habits,” Mewtwo darkly sent, arms crossing over his chest. “Let us drop this pointless topic, and I want you away until I say so.

She snorted, holding back a laugh. “And who are you to tell me what to do, eh? But since you've asked oh-so-peacefully, I'll do as you say.” She lifted herself from her seat and popped it with the touch of a finger, but didn't dart for the trees. “By the way, I'd suggest avoiding the sugary fruits if I were you, unless you don't mind being—”

Leave, Mew,” he demanded, pointing scornfully at the trees' directions behind her. His irises flashed in warning and intimidation, though she barely flinched. “You are really pushing my patience here, and I swear to the heavens above I will break your neck if you dare show your face to me in the next twenty-four hours.

Mew only shrugged, slowly heading for the foliage. “That's fine with me. I'll be too busy with my schedule to bother you anyway. I have a Tree to protect, you know.”

The small Legendary then gracefully dodged an attack of a Shadow Ball, but the sudden move motivated her to fly quicker. “All right, all right, don't go skinning yourself over it. Sheesh.” With a half-hearted wave, she darted into the depths, flicking her tail in a jagged pattern until she was out of sight.

Mewtwo's eye twitched, taking deep breaths to steady himself as he sat back down. “I feel I am being punished for living,” he muttered, rubbing his temples. “I need to do something about this nuisance, and fast...

“If you got a headache, I know the perfect remedy for—”

Mew.

She slinked back into the shadows with a wide grin.

matt0044

Just so I can be clear on what this thread's about, does the scene have to be made up or could it be from your own fic?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Some of the scenes are from fan fics, but I believe they're from work-in-progress chapters, if not updates of previously-posted chapters. As long as it's just a scene an not an entire chapter that jumps around for pages, anything goes here, I believe.

matt0044

^Thank you. In that case, I shall post a scene from my current fic in progress (link in my sig.):

[spoil][If you don't mind me asking,] Oshawott began to ask as he stepped through the door and onto the front porch, [where are we going?]

"Well, you're about to meet some very good friends of mine," said Hilda as she reached into her left pocket to take out a metallic case and opened it up. She picked out a Capsule labeled "02: Bicycle" and pushed its button before tossing it down the stairs to the ground. In big burst of steam, the Capsule changed into a bicycle with the kickstand already up.

Hilda then picked up Oshawott as she ran downstairs to the bicycle and placed him into the basket while she got onto the seat, ready to ride. "Hold on tight, Oshawott," said Hilda with a determined tone of voice. "We don't a second to spare."

With that said, Hilda began pedaling the bike fast onto the sideway while Oshawott shut his eyes and held tight to the basket, scared he might fall out. She then made a swift turn at the corner to go down the street and straight to the entrance leading to the West Wood of Nuvema Town.

[Why exactly are your friends in the woods?] Oshawott asked as the bike jumped and bumped on the dirt path. They passed bushes and trees along with various wild Pokemon that watched them go by.

"It's a surprise," said Hilda as she swerved off onto a smaller pathway. "You have to see it to believe it." She eyed her X-Transceiver to briefly check that she still had enough time left before she came to a small clearing. She braked as she rolled alongside a small tree stump and put up the kickstand.

Oshawott was lifted out of the basket and put on the ground to move about more and so Hilda could recapsulize it. He looked around at the woods in wonderment. It wasn't often that he got to go out into the woods with the Professors or even this deep. [So how long until your friends-]

Before Oshawott could asked anything at all, Hilda cleared her throat and shouted on the top of her lungs, "HEY, YOU GUUUUUUYYYYYS!" making the Sea Otter Pokemon jump in surprise. "You're about to get your answer soon enough," she told Oshawott with an excited grin and a chipper tone of voice. "Though I suggest you step away from me."

A few seconds after she spoke, Hilda and Oshawott heard the sound of rustling leaves getting closer from all around, coming their way. Oshawott did as Hilda suggested and moved away from his Trainer even though he was still unsure why.

In mere seconds, six Pokemon burst straight out from the bushes two at a time on all sides and tackled Hilda one at a time to dog-pile on her. First, a Watchog and a Patrat, then a Herdier and a Lillipup and finally, two Sewaddles that swung on a branch using String Shot. Though it was painfully, Hilda wasn't upset but rather very happy to see her good friends again as she laughed along with them.

All this nearly made Oshawott jump right out of his skin seeing his Trainer attacked by wild Pokemon. [Hilda! Are you Okay!?] he cried out. He dared not attack given their strength in number yet his Trainer was in trouble.

"Alright, guys, you can get off me now," insisted Hilda as the six Pokemon on her got off and stood up beside her. The Watchog actually helped her up on her feet. "Everyone, meet my starter Pokemon, Oshawott."

Seeing how his Trainer wasn't upset or appeared to be in any sort of danger, Oshawott settled down and realized something. [Wait, are these the "friends" you've been speaking of this whole time?]

"Uh huh," nodded Hilda. "I'll introduce you to the gang." She pointed to the Watchog by her right side. "This is Watcher, the default leader next to me and the one who tried too hard to be cool."

[I don't need to try,] Watcher said while folding his arms. [I already am.]

"Right, how could I've forgotten?" said Hilda sarcastically. She then squatted down to where the Patrat was, near her legs. "This is Patrick, Watcher's little brother and one of the cutest members of our group." She petted his head a little getting a giggle out of him.

[Hi, Oshawott!] greeted Patrick, waving to the newcomer. [It's nice to meet you and not be the smallest for once.]

"Um, that's not a nice way of putting it," said Hilda in a concern tone. She knew that Patrick meant well but could be a bit careless with what he said. She dismissed it to move onto the Herdier by her left leg. "Anyways, this is Herdy, a pretty heroic Pokemon who got us out of a few scraps now and then."

[I hardly consider 34 times a month "a few?"] said Herdy indignantly.

"I didn't realize you kept count," retorted Hilda. She then pointed to the Lillipup who was panting heavily, tongue stuck out, with excitement. "That's his little sister, Lilly, a real firecracker who can really bounce off the walls. And I meant that literally too."

[Hey, Hilda, is Bianca coming soon?] Lilly practically shouted out loud.

"Soon, I hope," Hilda said, checking her ears. She pointed to the twin Sewaddles next to Herdy and Lilly. "Next, these two are the Sewaddle Sisters, Sue and Addle. They're wild, reckless and aren't the kind you wanna pick a fight with."

[We're here to kick tail…] Sue began with fiery passion.

[…and chew bubble gum!] Addle finished with similar passion.

[And we're all outta bubble gum,] they both finished. [At least we would if we knew what it was]

"Lastly, here's…" Hilda began to say before realizing that they were one member short. "Wait, where's Pidove?"

[Ah yeah,] said Watcher as he remembered. [I went to get him but he was really bushed from last night so I left him be. I'm sure he'll catch up soon.]

While observing the group, Oshawott began to pick up on the banter and realize that Hilda was responding to the Pokemon like she knew exactly what they were saying. In fact, she seemed to reply to what he'd say to her before but he figured they were lucky guesses. Still, it never hurt to ask once.

[Um, Hilda,] Oshawott ventured forth, getting everyone's attention. [Is it me or does it seem like you're communicating with these Pokemon? I don't wish to sound crazy but that's how it looks like.]

Hilda and her Pokemon friends exchanged dumbfounded looks until someone broke the silence.

[You mean you only now caught on?] asked Watcher, befuddled.

Hilda decided to use a nicer response. "Yes, Oshawott, I have the ability to communicate with any and all Pokemon," she said. "My Mom has this ability as well with it being passed down through her family line."

[Wow, really?] said Oshawott, now very intrigued. [How do you do it?]

"I… have no idea," said Hilda, now unsure. "It's basically like my brain has a build in translator that helps me understand Pokemon and vice versa. I don't really have any control over it and I try to keep it under wraps in public. Aside from mom, Cheren, Bianca and others, it's a total secret. Minnie use to be wild before she followed me home and decided to stay."

[So this ability helped you make friends with everyone here?] Oshawott deduced.

"You sure catch on quick," stated Hilda. "Living in town can be fun and all but coming out her to the great outdoors is great. These guys have been like a second family for me here and it sometimes feels like I'm a Pokemon too."[/spoil]

Praxiteles

Friendly POKéMON.
In that case, I'm totally gonna post the tiny action-less rambly passage that I wrote for my fic, because in my excuse for a fanfiction apparently passages are now doing the job of actual scenes:

“He said that?” Then she grinned, after a beat, so you know, her first reaction was – betrayal. That's my idea, anyway. I think brothers do these little betrayals all the time. “What a little fink! I mean liar.” I probed a little. It turns out orphanage life was ****ty in a lot of different ways, neglect from the nurses, a just totally internal way of doing things among the kids, and I’m guessing it was Arauve who dealt with it for both of them. She lurked around circles, talked to people, did some really hardcore children group mechanics business. And at an age where in the orphanage you’re not supposed to have a chance – just get picked up as soon as you can – she was up on her feet before she was, five or six. Atashka was a normal five-year-old. She used to tie his laces. Well, I know she’s a genius. It makes sense that Atashka wouldn’t keep any memories of that, and only remember a little later in childhood, when it’d gotten more comfortable, and Arauve had withdrawn into her shell – that’s the response to comfort if you’ve gone through that, you withdraw, I know how it feels! – not as enthusiastic and never nostalgic, because she knew how it really was. She’s more grown up and less grown up than both of us. I guessed she was a little like this.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
This has been a scene for me to write in my works before. But I just don't seem to be able to place it yet.

This scene I feel like writing a scene on a strong argument between two mothers. For me, this is a character that will appear only in the next arc. But I feel like doing so now before I forget. And warning, it will talk about humanity's faults and disregarding human life itself.

Driven by parental anger, a slightly aging woman slams her arms onto her murderer's shoulders as she slams and drags Celena to the metallic wall, "What makes you think that you have the right to change my human ways?! You are the murderer of my child! And my beloved man! I repeat as to why I came here pursuing you and your family. To avenge my son's and husband's death!"

Temperant as Celena could be, she's furious inside from the fact that Yumarea blames her for the good things she unintentionally did to her opreser's son. Calmly, she tries to talk it out.

"Yumarea. If only you realized it back then, you could have prevented your son's suicide. Your child forced himself to kill himself. I tried stopping him to do so. So don't blame me because your son calls me mother instead of you! He chose to give up his humanity! I did not force him to. Feli let him decide his fate. Your son asks us to end you and your family's suffering." Celena empathize her captor's pain even if she knew the truth that Yumarea's son took control of her and Jireh himself years ago.

"That doesn't change the fact that your tivanian laws of life tainted my child's morality. You tainted him from your ... your beliefs and laws. That are inhuman! Your kind are inhuman! Not like me, nor my husband's. You don't even know much about my Amares. Your kind may be our predecessors, but as one of the many ancestors of you tivanians, I vow to get revenge on you. I had a nightmare that one day, Amares will kill himself after the lonely and cruel life he had not just with us, but the rest of our human society."

"I'm sure that you still recall just how terrible his life was with us human beings. I told you that earlier. His suicide is one thing that hurts for Zealur and to myself. What I fear the most from my nightmare ... is to be reborn with his memories intact. And when another race besides human beings, Zealur and myself, ... change his ways, he will automatically give up his human life before either Zealur or I could retrieve him and fix the damage we have done to him. And it just came true. Your goddess stole our child from us! From me, the mother who gave birth to him! Now reborn and raised, then killed by your son! You stole my child from me!" Yumarea wails out the anger she had inside for many years.

"...Your kind have so much struggles than us. Don't you?" silence lingers at Yumarea as Celena talks patiently of her testimony. "Your god or deities barely nurtured your kin. Not like us tivanians. All throughout our time, Goddess Feli educated and nurtured us. Thus, fellow human beings from your ancient times carry the messages of your deities instead of the very deity itself. In the end, they were violently silenced. Making their meanings less meaningful. For only a handful last for eternity. I'm sure you know it better than me. Yumarea, you humans have been at its worst shape yet spiritually. All thanks to your complex ruler-ship like life." worn out from Yumarea's tight grip, the vengeful mother lose her grip to Celena's bruised shoulder and torn sleeve.

Celena coldly speak, "I empathize you Yumarea. But that does not mean that I forgive you for harming my family. Years ago up until now. Believe me. I have faith with my son and husband that they can pass the trials you bestow upon them. I want you to realize this Yumarea. We were born with a purpose for our goddess. That purpose will involve you as well. And from what I fear, the rest of your human kind."

"Hmph. More powerful and wise than us humans. I have to say, your worlds have that element of peace that us humans have been seeking for many eons and centuries. Little conflicts, nearly eternal peace. I'm very envious to you tivanians. We humans have so many corrupt states and rulers. While your races don't have one at all. I call it anarchy. But at the same time, your society is a peaceful anarchy. No rulers. Everyone is a total individual leader." Yumarea said.

but like everything else in life both mothers have some things they agree and disagree with.

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
Here's a silly scene that I've just thought off.

A man was busy, doing his non-existing homework at night.

Until Dumbledore crashed through the window in his ferrari.

"You have AIDS!!!" shouted Dumbledore.

The man was shock as his mother who happens to be a doctor came into his room and starts to make out with Dumbledore.

"No, it's not possible! It can't be true!" gasped the man as he witness the scene.

"Yes, I have issues." said Dumbledore.

"NOOOOOO!!!"

And on that night, no one except the dog knew what happened next.

Because the dog set the man's house on fire.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
I'm busy with a story and I would like to know if somebody would like it. I'ts a mix of parody, commedy and other weird things. Here is a example:

The greeted kids look a bit surprised to Zoë. Well, it's not strange to react that way. With her fiery red hair that looks like a big flame, her short pants and short shirt with above it a light yellow jacket. And last but not least, with her big red boots, she looks quite impressive.

''Ow wow. Are you a gymleader?'' A young girl looks with her big blue eyes to Zoë.

''Gymleader me?''

''Yeah, you look so cool. What's your name? I'm Sally and I'm from Laverre city and I love Fairies.''

''Thanks and hi. My name is Zoë, but I have to disappoint you, I'm not a gymleader.''

''But you look too old to be a beginning trainer. O wait, maybe your parents didn't let you go and you just sneaked away. Or maybe you're an alien that arrived here not long ago. No, I know what you are.''

The little girl takes a deep breath while pointing at Zoë.

''Mom and dad sent you to look after me because they think I can't take care for myself while I'm almost eleven years old.''

''Wait, you said you're eleven? Isn't that a bit young to go on your own?''

''Nah, my Pokémon will protect me.''

Suddenly Zoë get the urge to mentally facepalm herself. That red bird she saw. The group at the table at the other side of the terrace, kids gathered without parents. She is in the world of Pokémon once again.

''Well, I don't have a Pokémon but I would really like to go on an adventure.''

''And why will you go on the adventure? Please tell me.''

''I'm sorry, but I have my reasons to keep that a secret.''

''Naaawn, I wanna know it. I'm on the journey to become a fairy''

''Dear Lord.'' Whispers Zoë.

''If she have a reason you should respect that Sally.''

Both females turn their heads to the boy that was silent the whole time.

''Sorry for not introducing myself. My name is Marty.''

''Nice tan do you have. Are from the beach? You look a bit like a surfer.''

''Actually I'm from Cyllage City, that's next to the beach. And the fact that you don't have a Pokémon will not be a problem.''

''Let me guess, we will meet here a professor with the name of a tree who gives us a starter and then we go to kick some ***** of an evil team, save the region or world and become champion.''

''Ehm no. You see those five kids at the table over there? They are chosen by the professor to go on a journey. We are here on our own.''

Zoë sees that there is a fifth person added to the big group at the other table. They are in a lively discussion about someone's nickname. Then the real meaning enters Zoë's mind.

''What? You mean that I will need to throw a overkill of Pokéballs to get something like a Rattata to start with?''

''I will catch for you a Pokémon. If I let Sally do it you will end up with only Fairy types.''

''Hey, what's wrong with Fairy type Pokémon? They are cute.''

''What is the Fairy type? I've never heard about that.''

''It's a newly discovered type of Pokémon, there is even a gym specialised in them.''