• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Splatoon

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I don't know, man. Those Paint roller people knew what they were doing by suddenly springing up and splattering people.

just remember to check your map and swivel your camera periodically so you don't get jumped

they're effective when they're sneaky, but they don't have the range to win firefights

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
just remember to check your map and swivel your camera periodically so you don't get jumped

they're effective when they're sneaky, but they don't have the range to win firefights

Hard to use the map for that because just about anyone can sneak through their paint and jump on others. Besides, you can only ever see your teammates and the paint of the other team covering everything.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I once lost horribly to a match where only 25% of the turf was ours and I had 519 points, from being the only person to do anything.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
The paint rollers are like the pryo in team fortress 2. Easy to use, low skill ceiling, and a competent player using another weapon can work around them without issue.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I don't know, man. Those Paint roller people knew what they were doing by suddenly springing up and splattering people.

Part of the problem is the controls. You can use the gyroscope, but any sudden movements and you screw up. Paint roller was easy to use, and with the controls, it made sense

Grey Wind

I tried the demo yesterday, I thought it was really fun. The gameplay seems a little repetitive but I had blast for the hour I played so I think the full version will deliver. Don't think I'll pick it up on release day, but I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can get it cheap.

Do we know if the controls are any ways customizable? I wasn't a fan of the gyroscope movement for aiming.

Torpoleon

I tried the demo yesterday, I thought it was really fun. The gameplay seems a little repetitive but I had blast for the hour I played so I think the full version will deliver. Don't think I'll pick it up on release day, but I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can get it cheap.

Do we know if the controls are any ways customizable? I wasn't a fan of the gyroscope movement for aiming.
I think I heard that the controls can be customized. I only got to play for the initial hour (and I did enjoy it; definitely picking it up Day 1), but I think I heard later on from someone that they can be changed.

Personally, I didn't have too much issues with the controls. In any case, I really hope we get Delfino Plaza as a stage for DLC. It would be made even sweeter if they gave you F.L.U.D.D. to use.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
You can change the controls by hitting + to get rid of the gyro controls, they didn't outright say you could do that in the demo, but you could have.

Genos

TTYD
I'm shocked, really. I'm not playing this since the game is coming out in 6 days. But I really hope it doesn't end up like this in launch.

Rakurai

I spent most of the time using the roller, and quickly learned that going off on your own is a good way to get splatted.

The weapon seems to work best when you're near other players who can give you covering fire, since you simply can't win in a head-on fight against anyone who has a ranged weapon if you don't catch them off-guard.

Spacial

procrastination
GAME said:
We regret to inform you that the lorry transporting the Splatoon stock from Nintendo's European warehouse to GAME UK has been stolen. Included in this delivery was our allocation of the Splatoon + Squid Inkling amiibo. As a result, we are unable to honour your original pre-order due for delivery on the 29th May 2015.

This is hilarious. I've gotten £10 off on a copy of the regular version and I don't care that much about missing out on the amiibo. Still who would freaking steal a truck full of video games?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Well, for those in the UK, the truck containing the Splatoon + Squid Inkling amiibo has been stolen. They're sending regular copies of the game to compensate.

Yeesh, these scalpers are getting desperate.

What's next? Taking over the factory where they're made?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
This is hilarious. I've gotten £10 off on a copy of the regular version and I don't care that much about missing out on the amiibo. Still who would freaking steal a truck full of video games?
This isn't anything new. It's happened several times.