1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Splatoon

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Born Better, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

just remember to check your map and swivel your camera periodically so you don't get jumped

they're effective when they're sneaky, but they don't have the range to win firefights

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "What are yeh looking at. Gimme my booty back."

Hard to use the map for that because just about anyone can sneak through their paint and jump on others. Besides, you can only ever see your teammates and the paint of the other team covering everything.

3. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I once lost horribly to a match where only 25% of the turf was ours and I had 519 points, from being the only person to do anything.

4. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

The paint rollers are like the pryo in team fortress 2. Easy to use, low skill ceiling, and a competent player using another weapon can work around them without issue.

5. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

Part of the problem is the controls. You can use the gyroscope, but any sudden movements and you screw up. Paint roller was easy to use, and with the controls, it made sense

6. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

I tried the demo yesterday, I thought it was really fun. The gameplay seems a little repetitive but I had blast for the hour I played so I think the full version will deliver. Don't think I'll pick it up on release day, but I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can get it cheap.

Do we know if the controls are any ways customizable? I wasn't a fan of the gyroscope movement for aiming.

7. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

I think I heard that the controls can be customized. I only got to play for the initial hour (and I did enjoy it; definitely picking it up Day 1), but I think I heard later on from someone that they can be changed.

Personally, I didn't have too much issues with the controls. In any case, I really hope we get Delfino Plaza as a stage for DLC. It would be made even sweeter if they gave you F.L.U.D.D. to use.

8. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

You can change the controls by hitting + to get rid of the gyro controls, they didn't outright say you could do that in the demo, but you could have.

9. AuraChannelerChris

They're hype-ing the release even more by allowing a fourth global testfire on May 26th.

10. Excitable Boy

11. AuraChannelerChris

This Global Testfire is going bad for a lot of people now. Hardly anybody gets to participate in a match.

12. Excitable Boy

Well, now I'm sold on not buying it.

13. AuraChannelerChris

14. Ragnarok

Ragnarok #BeastMode Staff Member Super Mod

Getting far in Squid Jump atleast.

:(

15. Genos

Genos Old Town Road

I'm shocked, really. I'm not playing this since the game is coming out in 6 days. But I really hope it doesn't end up like this in launch.

16. AuraChannelerChris

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  17. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

I spent most of the time using the roller, and quickly learned that going off on your own is a good way to get splatted.

The weapon seems to work best when you're near other players who can give you covering fire, since you simply can't win in a head-on fight against anyone who has a ranged weapon if you don't catch them off-guard.

18. Spacial

Spacial procrastination

This is hilarious. I've gotten £10 off on a copy of the regular version and I don't care that much about missing out on the amiibo. Still who would freaking steal a truck full of video games?

19. lolipiece

lolipiece Ya did good, Twerp. Staff Member Moderator

Well, for those in the UK, the truck containing the Splatoon + Squid Inkling amiibo has been stolen. They're sending regular copies of the game to compensate.

Yeesh, these scalpers are getting desperate.

What's next? Taking over the factory where they're made?

20. Void Ventus

Void Ventus Sic Parvis Magna

This isn't anything new. It's happened several times.