• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navarch

I have a feeling every Pokemon is getting a Mega Evolution. Masuada (Or however you spell it) said, "It would be interesting to see each and every Pokemon with a Mega Evolution."

I hope every single Pokemon does get one. It would give the Metagame something unique and new to play around with.

thetamale

I have a feeling every Pokemon is getting a Mega Evolution. Masuada (Or however you spell it) said, "It would be interesting to see each and every Pokemon with a Mega Evolution."

I hope every single Pokemon does get one. It would give the Metagame something unique and new to play around with.

I hope not. I already think forms have gotten out of hand and it would make mega forms generic, also the advert said select pokemon would mega evolve. Also if they plan on every Pokemon getting one why would there be ones not available during regular play.

If that does happen things will get really interesting. If not, then I hope they give one to Pokemon who need one and hopefully my favorite Pokemon. That's all I ask for. (>.>)

PsychoIncarnate

I hope not. I already think forms have gotten out of hand and it would make mega forms generic, also the advert said select pokemon would mega evolve. Also if they plan on every Pokemon getting one why would there be ones not available during regular play.

One possibility is by select he means pokemon in their final stage of evolution.

Dren

Ghost Master
Ditto24 has a point though, if you look at all the revealed MegaEvolutions thus far, no dual-typed Pokemon had a type change and I highly doubt that they're ever going to since GF is probably thinking that they'll stick to whatever dual-type was attached to it. The singular typed Pokemon (with the exception of MegaKangaskhan) had additions though, such as the lone Ampharos, who had the Dragon-type added to its existing Electric-type.

i agree and have nothing against his mega evolution, it woulda just been nice from a nostalgia standpoint. I understand everyone's points to the contrary though

thetamale

One possibility is by select he means pokemon in their final stage of evolution.

That is certainly plausible given the evidence so far, but there are so many Pokemon I still want to see actual evolutions for - I do like some of these new forms' designs but it just isn't anything special to me. I don't think 'wow so-and-so getting a new form makes it so much better' or anything, I don't know maybe my opinion will change after I've actually used them.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
I don't dislike mega Charizard and Blastoise but honestly I still prefer their original designs

If Serperior does get a ME I would like to see it become Grass/Dragon because they're both reptiles also Serperior was originally going to be part Dragon.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Mega Charizard with Drought?! That is epic, and Mega Venusaur with Thick Fat is also neat. Mega Blastoise looks epic with its cannons.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Wait?

Serperior was going to be part dragon?

Since...when?

Its not (As far as we know). they are just doing the usual wishing and speculate that we do on this forum

Mega Charizard with Drought?! That is epic, and Mega Venusaur with Thick Fat is also neat. Mega Blastoise looks epic with its cannons.

I really like how GF is playing up the cannons gimmick with Blastoise also Thick Fat makes a lot of sense on Venusaur considering plants die when exposed to fire or ice

Wait?

Serperior was going to be part dragon?

Since...when?

During the conception stages of Gen 5 but the idea was scrapped and it was made a pure grass type.

Status
Not open for further replies.