• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mega Evolutions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Interesting! I thought the second Mewtwo form was supposedly a Mega Mew, but it does indeed look like another one for Mewtwo. Does anyone know what it says on the yellow circle?

It just says "Mega Evolution".

Naito

Maybe it is just regular megaevolution. Did Smash showed mv already?

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
It's not 1 mega-evolution per team, its a held item you can have access to 6 mega-evolutions if you so wished; its only one mega-evolution in battle. So in a double battle only one can be mega-evolved; we don't know what happens if you switch out a mega either, if they stay in mega or revert back to normal (unless that's been confirmed?); apologies if I misread what you said ><

it was implied that a Pokemon stays in it Mega Evolution Forme for the entire battle and doesn't revert back until the end meaning you can only have one Mega Evolution in the battle (not just on the field)

Hidden Power

No Pokemon suck in battle if you have the ability to use them right. Smogon just categorizes Pokemon in accordance to their way of playing. You can make better sets than theirs if you open bulbapedia and check all their moves.

Their sets group Pokemon into roles that they want to see. They have made Pokemon battles too mechanic. Just the element of surpise of having your own set demolishes your opponent. I've had many 6-0's against smogon OU teams with a Noctowl.

...Your lack of understanding of statistics is disturbing.

The tiers, rankings and strategy guides aren't driven by personal opinions, or their 'way of playing'; they're driven by numbers. It shows how statistically using a certain Pokemon with a certain setup have a higher probability of winning. If someone has a good idea on how to improve the usage of a certain Pokemon (like you and your Noctowl), they can post on the forums, and people can vote if those setup are worthy of having a section of their own after testing out your idea. You may have many 6-0's against smogon OU teams with a Noctowl, but are how many losses have you suffered? 600 wins and 6000 losses with a Noctowl in OU isn't useful, even if 600 sounds like many.

Even the current Mega form hype may not raise those Pokemon who received it from their current tier if they don't turn out of to be useful.

dman_dustin

thank you for ripping apart my rather simple opinion (a second mega evo could mean mewtwo gets two different stones) for no discernible reason i can see. sorry that it confused and angered you so much, and made you feel the need to break down to me in a post way longer than my original idea why what i said made absolutely no sense (to only you and nobody else). next time don't tear stuff apart to try to prove how dumb someone is when the only real problem is you refusing to understand my opinion was very simple and you misunderstood it entirely.

i dont even care about this anymore.

so who wants to place bets on when we get a raichu mega evolution? and i seriously seriously doubt we'd get a pikachu mega evo over a raichu one, but i know it will be speculated until then confirm only fully evolved pokemon can mega evolve, if they confirm that at all.

Your post had no context at all.

I have every right to be confused as hell.

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
I think the 'shocking revelation' due on Mega Evolutions will be that when it reverts, your Pokemon loses all training. So you'll have to super train it again, forcing you only to use it in dire situations.

john90

I really hope this 2nd megaevolution to be for mewtwo only and to be version exclusive (maybe then people can trade items probably). I mean, more megaevolution for all it's too much confusing and, actually, unuseful.. Also I still have to understand if we have to choose just one megaevolution for battle who would choose Megamawile instead of, don't know, megablaziken. Pokemon at their first stage with no great stats really deserved a normal evolution rather then a mega.

Last edited:

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
It could be like deoxys back in the day

Ruby/sapphire got the normal form
Fire red got attack form
Leaf green got defense form
Emerald got speed form

So here it could be X gets the current mega-evolution and Y gets this new one; which would work and be sort of like how Deoxys was; before being able to choose the form via meteor fragments

it was implied that a Pokemon stays in it Mega Evolution Forme for the entire battle and doesn't revert back until the end meaning you can only have one Mega Evolution in the battle (not just on the field)
Indeed. The way I interpret it is that once you've Mega evolved a Pokémon in your team (by pushing the button in the move selection) in a battle, you can't Mega evolve any other Pokémon during that battle. Let's say you use Lucario holding Lucarionite, and you Mega evolve it. When it faints or you switch to another Pokémon, say Blaziken holding Blazikenite, you can't evolve this Blaziken into Mega Blaziken anymore, as you already evolved Lucario before.

That's just my take to it, not sure what actual outcome will be. Surely it could mean that you just can't have multiple Mega evolutions on the field at the same time, or something else.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I think the 'shocking revelation' due on Mega Evolutions will be that when it reverts, your Pokemon loses all training. So you'll have to super train it again, forcing you only to use it in dire situations.

That can't be it. Then why would they hide Mewtwo after it MegaEvolves? And the Japanese silly people there were very shocked. That plus the fact that the reliable PokéBeach Info say so, makes it very very unlikely it is anything other than a second Mewtwo Mega.

I wonder if this means other Pokémon can have multiple Megas, too. ^^ Bring on 3 more MegaCharizards!

PokettoMonsutaa

So basically, from what I'm understanding, on Smash, they hid Mewtwo's MV even though we already know it.

We are now speculating there is a 2nd MV for Mewtwo and therefore, other Pokemon mught have them.

This gen goes and takes your favorite Pokemon and goes and gives them a Mega Evolution, wait 2 maybe, and also gives you two starters and...

6th gen is officially the best gen ever. EVER.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Last edited:

PokettoMonsutaa

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
probs unrelated but im interested in a wobbuffet evo now that can out right attack perhaps?

genesect getting one makes sense but if it does ill be upset that only japan got the shiny event for it!

Well, the fact that there every Pokemon confirmed to have a mega evolution is on that list is a bit...fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.