• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Another VS thread

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
We've got some good line ups going on this season, both Ash and Dawns team are progressing nicely and have come a very long way, with that who do you think would win Ash vs Dawn

no doubt Ash has some good moves but i think Pachi and Buneary can take out Buizel and Gible, and I believe Togekiss and Mamoswine can go round for round with Torterra and Staraptor

I think her only problem would come in the form of Infernape, it it were to get ****** and go Blaze i think Dawns team would be screwed

what do you guys think

thunderblade12

Well Ash due to skill battling competitively. If we ignore the trainers' skills and just imagine that Ash and Dawn lent their pokemon to two trainers of equal power to duke it out (for some reason) I think Ash's team would still win. Just barely though. It'd be as close as one of Ash's League battles.

Piplup is undeniably strong. It'd be willing to bet it's as strong as Ash's Bulbasaur and Squirtle were during the Johto League.

Pachirisu seems to be tied with Buizel. Pretty strong. It's had an impressive win against Ursula and we already know it's going to get a second at the Grand Festival.

Buneary held it's own against a FIGHTING type gym leader and it's trainer hardly knew what she was doing. That says a lot. Another pokemon that can probably be considered a mini-powerhouse at this point.

Mamoswine can probably stand up to Torterra, like you said.

And Togekiss can also stand up to Staraptor.

Cyndaquil...another mini-powerhouse...

Stage On

Aura guardian
Ash would crush her in a full battle no contest. She'd give him a good work out but ultimately she dosn't have either the power or the skill to take him right now.

If it was a contest battle it would be another story but Ash would still be able to hold his own and possible win thought I suspect Dawn would take the majority out of 10 in that case.

Stage On

Aura guardian
This is how I could see a battle between them going

Gibble vs Pachirisu - Gibble uses dig or draco metor for the win
Gibble vs Buneary - Buneray ko's Gibble with Ice beam
Infernape vs Bunery - Mach punch's Bunery's light's out
Dawn sends out Cyndaquil to fight fire with fire, Ash switchs to Buziel
Buziel vs Cyndaquil - Eventually lands a Water pulse Aqua jet Combo later and Cyndaquil is down
Buziel vs Mamoswine - Buziel goes for another Aqua jet but gets hit by Take down and koed
Torterra vs Mamoswine - Double Ko of Ice shard vs Magical leaf
Starraptor vs Togekiss - Close combat kicks Togekiss to the curb after a tought fight
Starraptor vs Piplup - Piplup uses Whirlpool to easily take out a tired Starraptor
Infernape vs Piplup - A tought battle, Piplup eventually wins with Hydropump after it's abilty kicks in
Pikachu vs Piplup - Pikachu volt tackles Piplup into slumberland

It would be a good battle and Ash would defenitly have a few pokemon knocked out alone the way but he'd take it in the end.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Ash vs Dawn?

Short Answer: Ash

Long Answer: Someone else can do this.

Guessing this thread was made because the recent revealed events..i.e Dawn making it to final first attempt..yada, yada. The answer is simple.

Contest: Most likely Dawn
Straight-up battle: Ash

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
In a full out battle, I believe that Ash would beat Dawn without breaking too much of a sweat. Dawn would definetly give Ash some trouble in the forms of Piplup, Mamoswine, and Togekiss, and her other three wouldn't do bad either. I find it practically impossible to predict exactly how the battle would go, but here's my opinion for each Pokemon:

Ash
Pikachu-Could probably take out any of Dawn's Pokemon.
Staraptor-Could probably beat Buneary, Pachirisu, and Cyndaquil, but would probably have a pretty heated match against Piplup, Mamoswine, or Togekiss.
Torterra-Could probably take on any of Dawn's Pokemon.
Infernape-Same as Torterra.
Buizel-Would probably be able to take out Buneary, Pachirisu, or Cyndaquil, but would definetly get trouble from the rest.
Gible-Same as Buizel.

Dawn
Piplup-Could probably stand strong against any of Ash's Pokemon, sans Pikachu and Torterra.
Buneary-Could probably put a dent in Staraptor, Buizel, or Gible, but aside from that, not much.
Pachirisu-Could do some good damage to Buizel and Gible, but not much else.
Mamoswine-Could probably easily stand up to any of Ash's Pokemon.
Cyndaquil-The weakest link. Cyndaquil is undeniably strong, but probably wouldn't be able to do more than land a couple of hits on any of Ash's Pokemon.
Togekiss-Could likely put a dent in any of Ash's Pokemon.

Here's how I think individual match-ups could go:

Pikachu
Pikachu vs. Piplup (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Buneary (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Pachirisu (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Mamoswine (Pikachu barely wins)
Pikachu vs. Cyndaquil (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Togekiss (Pikachu)

Staraptor
Staraptor vs. Piplup (Staraptor barely wins)
Staraptor vs. Buneary (Staraptor barely wins)
Staraptor vs. Pachirisu (Staraptor)
Staraptor vs. Mamoswine (Mamoswine)
Staraptor vs. Cyndaquil (Staraptor)
Staraptor vs. Togekiss (Draw)

Torterra
Torterra vs. Piplup (Torterra)
Torterra vs. Buneary (Torterra)
Torterra vs. Pachirisu (Torterra)
Torterra vs. Mamoswine (Draw)
Torterra vs. Cyndaquil (Torterra)
Torterra vs. Togekiss (Torterra)

Infernape
Infernape vs. Piplup (Infernape barely wins)
Infernape vs. Buneary (Infernape)
Infernape vs. Pachirisu (Infernape)
Infernape vs. Mamoswine (Infernape barely wins)
Infernape vs. Cyndaquil (Infernape)
Infernape vs. Togekiss (Infernape barely wins)

Buizel
Buizel vs. Piplup (Piplup barely wins)
Buizel vs. Buneary (Draw)
Buizel vs. Pachirisu (Buizel barely wins)
Buizel vs. Mamoswine (Mamoswine)
Buizel vs. Cyndaquil (Buizel)
Buizel vs. Togekiss (Togekiss barely wins)

Gible
Gible vs. Piplup (Piplup)
Gible vs. Buneary (Draw)
Gible vs. Pachirisu (Gible)
Gible vs. Mamoswine (Mamoswine)
Gible vs. Cyndaquil (Gible)
Gible vs. Togekiss (Togekiss barely wins)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I'd say Ash can beat her if he will be serious. With his powerhouses like Torterra and Infernape I can't see any chance for Dawn. If he will choose the right pokemon of course:
Piplup- With Pikachu/Torterra, although it won't be easy
Mamoswine- Infernape's Fighting and Fire moves
Buneary- Infernape can beat her
Togekiss- Infernape/Pikachu, but Staraptor can give it a good air battle
Pachirisu- With Gible, Infernape and Torterra
Cyndaquil- With Buizel, Infernape's Dig

Torpoleon

Well, Ash's Buizel & Gible probably are Dawn's easiest to beat. For Dawn, Ash could probably easily beat her Buneary, Pachirisu and Cyndaquil. Regardless of this, a Ash & Dawn battle should be one to watch.

JD

Like the others said, the only one's I could see giving Ash some trouble are Mamo,Togekiss and Piplup the others shouldn't be to hard for Ash. He does have Infernape, Torterra and Pikachu so they definetly wouldn't be easy for Dawn to knock out the others shouldn't cause to much trouble though.

Gible is only Pokemon of Ash's Sinnoh team that can only take down two of Dawn's Pokemon and that are are Pachirisu and Cyndaquil. Other can take out whole for Dawn's team. But I know Ash won't do serious battling against her.
It would look idiotic if Piplup take out Infernape or some other powerhouse but I can see it beating Gible without much effort.
When Misty was leaving Brock and Ash fought beside her against those three brothers. When May left Ash fought against her in a contest battle. Now they should do something different with Dawn.
I would like to see Dawn vs Paul where Paul will take out her full team in one minute, that would be entertaining cause Paul is not the one that battles for enjoyment. Even his Weavile can take out at least four of Dawn's Pokemon.

Lunanight

ash will win, it is common sense that fully evolved pokemon will be a non-fully evolved pokemon.

@ septile lover
his weavile is pathetic and has not won a single battle on-screen.

@ septile lover

But that means it has done something off screen that make Paul keep it in the team. And it nearly took out Staraptor which was only powerhouse at that time so I believe it is much more powerful than they have showed it till now.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
with that who do you think would win Ash vs Dawn

It's almost guaranteed that Ash and Dawn will face each other at some point before the end of the saga just like Ash and May fought. I can see another tie just so that both character would look decent at the end of their journey together. There's nothing worse than having one main DP character beating the other main DP character in a battle. Though looking back, I don't think it would be a 6 on 6 battle like some people would assume, it would probably be one on one with Ash's Infernape taking on Dawn's Togekiss. I think it's a fair match up since Infernape is almost like the DP equivalent of Sceptile (both made use of their abilities in their home region) and Togekiss is like the DP equivalent of Blaziken (both are bird-based, I don't think Dawn would use Piplup since it's too small and I don't think it'll evolve before this point). A tie would seem like the right way to go.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Torterra vs Mamoswine or Staraptor vs Togekiss seem like good matches to me. A 6 on 6 battle would just result in the death of Dawn's Pokemon. Other then Mamoswine and maybe Togekiss Dawn's Pokemon aren't trained to go into deep war battles they are trained as contest Pokemon. Dawn's Pokemon are also way to small minus her two giants. Dawn's only hope is to pull a 'May' and evolve whoever still has a chance to evolve... Buneary and Cyndaquil.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I would have to say that in a regular battle, I think that Ash would beat Dawn. I say that just because of battling experience. I do think it would be a real good battle though.

thunderblade12

ash will win, it is common sense that fully evolved pokemon will be a non-fully evolved pokemon.

@ septile lover

It's only battle with a conclusion aside from the one against Ash's Staraptor was against Cynthia's Garchomp. Really think that one should even matter? Murkrow, Chimchar, and Torterra all lost just as easily. Staraptor had a 4X advantage and still just barely won.

Really though, I can't believe people still think this given Paul's personality. He's had the thing with him before Sinnoh even began. Don't you think it would have been released a long time ago if it was so far beneath Paul's other pokemon?

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
People forget that Paul's team on the whole lacks speed, though Electabuzz and Honchkrow are decently fast.

Remember when Snorlax slaughtered members of Gary's team? Gary responded with Scizor, who was speedy.

Weavile is Paul's fragile speedster. Interestingly, this makes it his counterpart to Ash's Snorlax. Ash usually goes all offense, while Paul uses defensive strategy and countering.

Weavile is all offense, and Snorlax is used with defensive strategy and countering. :p