• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jun

Chiller

i agree about him having either chimchar, monferno or infernape. but i doubt he will reveal all of his pokemon in one appearance. assuming we will ever see him again.

Faerie

MONS
I'm kind of sick of all this whining about Ponyta/Rapidash being too "girly" for Jun. Horses have nothing to do with women, no matter what anyone says. That's just a stupid stereotype. And he has one in the games - what reason would there be for him not to have one in the anime? There hasn't been a Rapidash appearance in the show since the end of the Silver League, and I'd like to see one.

And even if Rapidash is girly...since when was Jun manly? Just take a look at his official art. I would hardly call skinny black jeans and a murse bookbag manly.

ANYway, I doubt that Jun will have any previous relation to anyone in the series. Satoshi is out of the question, because we already know everything there is to know about him, and Hikari already has Kenji as her childhood friend, and she probably doesn't get around that much, considering that she lives in the middle of nowhere. Takeshi would just be weird. So, my best guess is that he's just some random, pointless, and highly amusing rival character who shows up out of nowhere.

I'd be willing to bet a large sum that he runs straight into either Satoshi or Hikari in his debut episode. :p

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I think that he will be one of Ash's rivials in the Sinnoh League then afer that he might join Ash's group during the Battle Frontier or he will just fight Jun once like at the fight area in D/P.

Charzing

Infernape Enthusiast
So, my question is.. will he challenge Ash or will he decimate Paul in front of him?
I hope he has Infernape so Chimchar can be inspired by him.

Ivysaur92

Well first, I'd like to go through his pokemon.

In game.. he has:
Turtwig->Grotle->Torterra/ Chimchar->Monferno->Infernape/ Piplup->Prinplup->Empoleon
Starly->Staravia->Staraptor
Roselia->Roserade/ Buizel->Floatzel/ Ponyta->Rapidash
Heracross
Munchlax->Snorlax

Now I'd like to start by saying that this is a character that I really like. Actually, All of his pokemon (other than the Ponyta line) are among my TOP favortites. In fact, when my friend got Diamond (way before I got Pearl) he named his rival after me and we were shocked to find out that he had so many of "my" pokemon. So I've always felt a certain draw towards this character, and am excited to see him appear.

However, what Pokemon he has is a problem.
As for Turtwig (and by then, apparently Grotle :( (I really like Grotle but dont think Ash's turtwig should evolve for many reasons) ) and Torterra, Ash and Paul already own them respectlivly.
There is a posibility of him having someone in the Chimchar line, probably not Chimchar since Ash already has his. I really hope he doesn't, as it will destroy all chances of Chimchar evolving if he does actually become a legitimate rival.
Piplup and Prinplup (probably later evolving to Empoleon) are owned by Dawn and Kenny, and a person with an Empoleon would be overkill.
Starly line will probably be owned in full by Ash, and Reggie had a Staraptor too.
For Roselia and Roserade, Drew and Nando have already had both, and unprominant they are now, they CANT do it again. Please.
Buizel is owned by Ash, and may evolve so no Floatzel (it will kill Ash's chances.)
Ponyta or Rapidash is a good posibility. No problems here.
Ash already has Heracross, but it wouldn't be terrible to see another one. Preferably not though.
May already had Munchlax, but we have not seen any much in its native Sinnoh. I would have no problems with this, but no Snorlax (Ash owned again).

So that leaves us (by my opinions) with:
Chimchar line member (please no)
Ponyta line (but lets remeber he can not have one of this line AND a Chimchar family member, its not possible in the game.)
Heracross (but hopefully they can just choose someone else)
and Munchlax (should be good)

Now other Pokemon I see fitting him are:
Leafeon (I'd rather someone else, mabye Dawn, get this though), Gallade (Id rather somebody like Kenny get this though), Chatot (I think Ive heard he has this in the Manga), and Rhyhorn (just sorta fits him for some reason). Snorunt or Mothim could be other inventive options too.

Aside from him being a rival, how about him being a rival researcher to Gary. That could be interesting for sure!
Or what about a guy who is looking to build a strong team of SHINY pokemon. Thatd be a good game mechanic for him to display too.

Well, this should be very interesting and I wait to see how this plays out.
;388;;391;;394; ;397; ;315;;419; ;214;;446;

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
No dude. To many penguins! I literralym want em dead. Anyweh a 5th gen is out of question. We have the 12th movie hopefully for that(oh yeah i really do believe so) and to pokemon i definetly see him having are chatot and rapidash.

uhhhhh

Too sweet
He's going to have a Toterra or Infernape because if he's Ash's rival he wont have Empoleon beacause Dawn has Piplup.

Too bad that it's confirmed, he has Empoleon.

Haha Jun <3 Thanks for the scan Rocket Girl.

DP101:
"Upon returning to Hearthome City, Ash is constantly bumped into by a trainer he has never seen before. Together with his Empoleon, the boy is striving to become the strongest trainer."

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
:(

My new predictions :p

Empoleon -- Confirmed (We could end up seeing big battles involving Torterra, Empoleon AND Infernape in the league!)
Pidgeotto/Pidgeot -- Same as before
Leafeon -- I decided Roserades been used enough
Munchlax -- Same as before
Gallade -- Same as before
Quilava/Typhlosion -- Same reason I used for Croconaw...

pokemaster95

King of pirates
So Jun has empoleon. Can't say im Shocked. All Ash needs to get is Infernape and maybe we can see 3 way Sinnoh starter battle.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Things are looking promising for Chimchar^^

so there will be 3 rivals with the 3 starters...sooo cool:D

I think that Kenny will keep Prinplup Prinplup,well...who cares about him now?:))

so...his team..hmmm:

Empoleon
Rapidash[definetly]
Leafeon[or Tangrowth]
Munchlax
Rotom[seriously...it's just made for him]
Chatot/Togekiss/Pidgeot

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
So Jun has empoleon. Can't say im Shocked. All Ash needs to get is Infernape and maybe we can see 3 way Sinnoh starter battle.

I'm probably misinterpreting your post, but I would love to see a three-way brawl between Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon. Like Ash vs. Paul vs. Jun, all at once. <3

I think Empoleon kind of suits Jun. Thinking about it now, him being with Torterra or Infernape just wouldn't fit.

I also like how they seem to be using the three-way-rival thing like they did in the games, with Brendan-May-Wally and Lucas-Dawn-Jun.

Araleon

Chill
So it's confirmed he'll have Empoleon? That' cool. I too see Empoleon fitting him. More than Torterra for sure. Plus, in my Pearl he has it.

I don't want him to have Tangrowth. I want it for Brock. I think it'd be cool if he had Leafeon.

Well, I don't think Jun's Empoleon will affect Dawn's too much. Her Piplup is more affected by Kenny's Prinplup, so if Kenny's evolves, Dawn could still get Prinplup.

I'm glad he doesn't have Infernape, Chimchar still has hope!

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon/Leafeon are his most likely starters
Fixed. :p
So Jun has Empoleon....something is going on in the writer's heads.
First Buizal is in another gym battle and now this.

Araleon

Chill
I'm fine with him having Empoleon, three way rival battle with the starter final forms. It kinda raises the chances for Chimchar to fully evolve.

I don't think Buizel is going to be the star this time. He might even get knocked out early on.

Jun's Team:

Empoleon - confirmed.
Leafeon - Would be awesome.
Rapidash - We need a semi-recurring horse. Plus, it could be a way for him to get ahead of Ash.
Gallade - Could be cool.
Munchlax - Same as in game.
Chatot - Same as in manga.

Maybes: Cyndaquil or Chikortia or evos, Wormadam Steel.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I think Jun will be impatient and hopefully a nice rival for Ash!

Araleon

Chill
No idea on how Empoleon was confirmed, but the rest is just speculation.

In the three new title thread, the ummarie for DP101-Dp103 were released, and it came out and said:

DP101:
"Upon returning to Hearthome City, Ash is constantly bumped into by a trainer he has never seen before. Together with his Empoleon, the boy is striving to become the strongest trainer."

o that's how we have Jun's Empoleon confirmed. Paul+Torterra, Jun+Empoleon, it seems like Ash will definitely have Infernape.