1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ash is not serious with Sinnoh League

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by JasonChu, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SatoshiKazumi

SatoshiKazumi Member

Yes Gliscor is the best. He shouldn't have left Ash. But of course he was allowed to train...

2. ryodragonite

ryodragonite Aura Fist

I really don't think Gliscor should really go anywhere near the pokemon league. He's not ready and he has already had enough episodes deticated to him only, even though he has been gone for a while.

3. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

Off somewhere not being as good as it gets credit for.

Seriously, I hope Heracross or something thrashes Darkrai.

4. poizonsting

poizonsting Pokemon master

As much as I want to see Charizard, I don't have much hope for him to make a comeback

5. thunderblade12

Off somewhere not being as good as it gets credit for.

Seriously, I hope Heracross or something thrashes Darkrai. But then, all of the crazed Charizard fans would find an excuse to belittle it's win.

6. SatoshiKazumi

SatoshiKazumi Member

Him Idk what it has to do with the debate but I keep thinking about Dark Ash

I sooooo want him back

7. Cazak

Cazak When Wings Fly High

You're not the only one, many fans miss him a lot. The writers really made a mess of him losing to Dusclops, and now is their chance of redemption by having Charizard battle a legendary a 3rd time(Articuno and Entie being the others).

8. thunderblade12

I'm glad the thing's being left out for once. The writers can show that Ash's others are all just as good. He doesn't need to rely on it.

9. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

He isn't serious because he's acutally bringing back his reserves.
    In the Hoenn league he was serious. If he wants to win the league with reserves, where's Charizard.

10. Umbilical Noose

Umbilical Noose Bonzo Nut

That Entei was a illusion. I don't think anything can beat a illusion unless you communicate with the source that is making it. That means Charizard only battled one legendary and that is Articuno.

I don't think Ash should rely on Charizard too much. He should also train his other Pokemon to reach higher power.

11. Misty Lover17

Misty Lover17 Water Trainer

Oh, he's veeery serious. Charizard or not, Ash still has Torkoal, Infernape and Quilava.

I'm surprised people haven't mentioned Sceptile.

12. KGB13

KGB13 Man of Mystery

So he doesn't use his overexposed, overrated, and prehistoric fire dragon this time around and all of a sudden he's not serious about the SL?

Come on people...

13. Spacialrend

Spacialrend Gallade owns

I would have liked to have seen Sceptile this saga, sadly there was not ONE team rotation, prior-Sinnoh conference, -arc. Sceptile would have been a definite candidate to battle the Darkrai Trainer, well in my opinion at least. But honestly, is Charizard somewhat a one-hit wonder? like, will we only remember him for Seismic Toss and thats it? Infernape on the other hand, is like, Charizard minus Seismic Toss (presumed) minus Fly plus Flame Wheel plus Blaze.

IF say, Infernape learned Seismic Toss (or his own unique version), I can't see Ash ever deciding to bring back the Fire-Breathing-Flying-Orange-Lizard in the near future.

Sigh

14. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

Not gonna show up because you keep touching yourself at night.

Just because Ash isn't using Charizard doesn't mean he's not serious about the League. He's serious about beating Paul, let's just leave it at that.

15. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

Ash isn't serious because he isn't using Charizard? What sense does that make?

Ash wants to be a Pokemon master, you can't be a Pokemon Master if you use just one Pokemon all the time, he has to use all of his Pokemon and make them all very powerful.

Charizard is already very powerful, it doesn't need any battle time.

16. KGB13

KGB13 Man of Mystery

Family Guy FTW!

LMAO

17. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

Charizard, Sceptile and Swellow have already proven themselves plenty of times. We won't be surprised much unless they have a really unexpected new attack. So far the attention has gone to Cyndaquil/Quilava, Heracross, Noctowl and Gible while Staraptor, Snorlax and Donphan have had little moments. All of them have really surprised us and proven how capable they actually are- I now consider Noctowl on par with Ash's typical standards rather than just a weaking, and Heracross is going to be taking on a Darkrai. And you can't say that Ash isn't taking it seriously when he's clearly been working very hard with his pokemon and honing their new skills, as well as making good team choices. Maybe if there are two battles left we'll see Charizard and the other powerhouses return, but I'm glad we've finally seen the forgotten few at their best.

18. SatoshiKazumi

SatoshiKazumi Member

Hm...It seems Jean Luc isn't himself these days...

19. poizonsting

poizonsting Pokemon master

But the fact still remains that it was an Entei. Even though an illusion, it was as powerful as Entei and used moves like it

20. Silver_Seoul

Silver_Seoul Well-Known Member

That's like saying if you're stranded in the desert and drink water from a mirage you've still quenched your thirst, despite it being a psychological phenomena.

Besides, with Movie 13 being released in the middle of a League, despite many anime references to past movies, it's getting difficult to view them as canon. So I'd say Charizard never really fought an Entei.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.