• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

No

• No

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 52 71.2%

• Total voters

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I think that's a side matter of semantics at best, don't you?

I guess. It doesn't actually bother me much, but it was just a bit of flavor that was arguably overlooked.

BCVM22

One could argue that it was itself a bit of flavor and not an oversight, given that part of N's schtick is that he claims to not actually capture the critters he uses.

Astrint

Breeding Star
How do you tell the difference between a beneficial nature and a hindering nature? i think i know a neutral one is those that don't up/lower any stats.. right?

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
So I've been like obssessed with Pokewood and I'm trying to finish it before I beat the game. Is this possible? I've done the first Brycenman, the Invaders, the Timegate Travelers, the Mystery Doors series, The Giant Woman series, and the Red Fog series. I can't figure out how to unlock any more. Any help?

Astrint

Breeding Star
you can look at it online, or, if you look at the stats, the hindered one will be slightly blue while the beneficial one will be red(only for HGSS and gen 5).

ok, I've known about that but is the beneficial/neutral/hindering list for the pokemon on serebii as a line or is it listed as a "do your homework and find out" type of thing?

Astrint

Breeding Star
i think i confused you guys by being confused myself >.> but i think i figured it out.

at the bottom of each individual pokemon page, they list the stats by Hindering nature, Neutral nature, and Beneficial nature. Hp is constant and then the rest are adjusted going by nature changes. But it doesn't say which nature does what, it just lists the stat according to the bonus or cost of the general effect of the natures.

That is my theory at least.

PsychicPsycho

Is it possible to find 2 shinies in one encounter while walking in double grass?
It wasn't shiny in B/W, why would it suddenly turn into a shiny in B/W 2?
I was under the impresion that the two dragons couldn't be shiny because of a glitch or oversight by the game makers, so I assumed it would be fixed in B/W 2. What I hadn't realized was that..
Any number of Legendaries over the years, in-game and event, have had shiny locks on them. That the shiny sprites exist for these critters is a simple matter of programming necessity.
..this was the case. As far as I was aware, Zekrom, Reshiram & Victini are the only pokemon you can catch that can't be shiny (what other ones are there?). So, now I'm left wondering why they wouldn't allow those 3 to be shiny. I'm guessing it has something to do with the story in the movie/show, but I have no idea.

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

Celebi and Arceus can't be legally shiny as well.
My understanding is that Celebi can be shiny when obtained from the japanese Pokemon Colloseum bonus disc. Also, is Arceus actually locked as un-shiny? Like if you hacked the Azure Flute, then attempted to catch it, could it be shiny?

Ver-mont

..this was the case. As far as I was aware, Zekrom, Reshiram & Victini are the only pokemon you can catch that can't be shiny (what other ones are there?). So, now I'm left wondering why they wouldn't allow those 3 to be shiny. I'm guessing it has something to do with the story in the movie/show, but I have no idea.

IIRC, someone once said on the B2W2 forum that it's because they wanted the dragons to be always the same color as in the cutscenes. Not sure about Victini.

My understanding is that Celebi can be shiny when obtained from the japanese Pokemon Colloseum bonus disc.
That was disproved by the RNG Researchers at Smogon who looked into the game's coding and found that the bonus disc skipped shiny spreads.

Also, is Arceus actually locked as un-shiny? Like if you hacked the Azure Flute, then attempted to catch it, could it be shiny?
Like I said, not legally.

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

IIRC, someone once said on the B2W2 forum that it's because they wanted the dragons to be always the same color as in the cutscenes. Not sure about Victini.
Hmmm...that would be weird, if it was true. For stationary legendaries, they don't change the color during the game, only when you're in battle with it. I'd've thought they'd follow the same philosophy for B/W cutscenes.
Like I said, not legally.
That's not really I'm wondering. In the coding of the game, like you mentioned in the first part of your post, would Arceus be allowed to be shiny? Like if the flute had been released, would the coding allow a shiny Arceus to be caught?
Yes, it is. Why wouldn't it be?
It'd be such a slap in the face to the gamer, I didn't know if they'd prevent it from happening. It'd be like, 'hey look here's 2 shiny pokemon, but you have to knock one out. HAHAHA!!!'

Anyway, when encountering 2 pokemon in doubles grass, is the change of one of them being shiny effectively doubled?

That's not really I'm wondering. In the coding of the game, like you mentioned in the first part of your post, would Arceus be allowed to be shiny? Like if the flute had been released, would the coding allow a shiny Arceus to be caught?
Iirc, yes. Just like how Newmoon Darkrai and Flower Paradise Shaymin can be shiny too.